winter wheels/tyers

simon.m

Reaction score
so after reading that alot of you guys are putting winter tyers/wheels on i read some where that some car insurnces are charging you for this stupied i no but its true AA being one of them but i just come across this so if any one has a problem just give this web page to your car insurence

SMMT - Detailed Article

Good link. Always good to have ammo. Insurance Co.'s look for any excuse to bump it up, but using that as a reason is just totally ridiculous. They should be positively and actively encouraging the use of safer tyres etc not actually penalising you for it. Some of these companies really do need to have a good hard look at themselves and maybe even put some grown-ups in charge.....liberty taking wasters.

i no mate any thing for more cash out of us a. although i think it was for some one going from 19" to an audi winter pack witch where 17" as they said it was moding his car evan after he said the 17" where a shed load cheaper they would still not have it i think now they can nt say any thing ;-)

Maybe the "insurance clerk" has something measuring 17" hanging off his forehead..........

Modding your car from 19 to 17
ive heard it all now
if all wheels are OEM how does this get classified as a mod
Tossers

It makes no sense. If it could've come from Audi like it is it's not a mod. No need to tell the insurance company.

not sure about Audi but just have fitted some winters to my bmw, the tyre spec sticker by the drivers door lists the tyre size/rating for winter tyres so those are what i have fitted. Can't remember if the audi stickers list winter tyres, but if they do i can't see any reason to tell the insurance. Also my insurer, directline, often charge me a admin charge for sending out new certificates, adding drivers etc, even if they don't charge for the actual insurance.