Demisters in Avant rear quarter windows

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
Brrrrrrr…

The rear side windows in my Avant have the demister matrix in, but have never come on. Anyone know why that might be?

The back screen and mirrors work fine.

Brilliant. Do I get a prize for ignorance?

I thought it was an odd place for a demister. Figured it was for if you had a dog that breathed heavily while in the boot or something.

How come my radio reception is detrimentally affected by the rear demist being on then?

no prizes i'm afraid, its quite a common mistake though.

as for your radio reception it could be because the antenna joints at the bottom of the window are cracked so there affected by the demister or it could be a problem with the radio booster.

dont feel too bad.i took mine to the dealer asking the same and they didnt know either!!Still felt a **** when i found out

got some brand new black optics avant rear windows if anyone needs them ?

I will join the "Daft brigade" thought they were heating matrix too.

id say no mate wrong kind of wiers in them and to be fair why would any one want to you cant see out of that window any way and im sure the dogs dont care lol

Brilliant - for once using the search function has returned a perfect thread for my question! I was also wandering this after using the car last week! I also thought that they were broken demisters and thought that I had to work out how to fix them so good news that they are in fact the radio aerial, which I previously have wondered the location of!

Put me down for being a pleb too.... Was getting the hump that my rear quarters wer'nt demisiting!!