Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Harsh Shudder when switching engine off

Morning peeps

I am getting quite a harsh shudder when I switch the engine off, I suspect this maybe due to the rubber perishing on the anti shudder valve as the EGR was, until a recent oil change firing out oil which coated the valve.

Am I on this right track here? My engine has also become quite 'boomey' in 1st and crusing between 60 - 80mph could this be related?

Any opinions ideas welcome

Rich
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    is there a rattle when the engine stops and starts? could be the dual mass flywheel starting to let go?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    is there a rattle when the engine stops and starts? could be the dual mass flywheel starting to let go?
    Dont think it will be the DMF as had one fitted this year along with new clutch
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

3rd Gear

Status
    hi mate my car as the exact same problem a perished anti shudder valve due to oil ingress. i find you get a smoother shutdown if you depress the clutch pedal when switching off no doubt because you are detaching the engine from the gear box not sure why but it works for me