Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

A4 B6 Engine Undertray Cover Advise - SNOW

Guys;

My A4 Avant is slammed; Since Ive been driving it in the foot deep snow I have managed to snap one of the rear cooling flaps; reversing into deep snow. The car performed fine but I think its days are numbered and will need replacing. Now it hangs down to the rear. I jacked it up and cut the problematic bit off however this is a temp fix.

Now can i just remove it; it looks to me to be connected to the front arches? Or should I replace it. Anyone know how much they are - being audi it will be like 200 notes I bet.

What are the risks of ditching it. Just Dirt?

My Mk4 GTI Anniversary had this issue also up in County Durham the snow where I live it like a foot deep! I ended up removing it but it was easier that the A4's to remove completely.....

Apart from that she's great in the snow.

Cheers
    Mark.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    My undertray lives in the shed, simply because I change the engine oil every 2 to 3k miles and can't be arsked with keep removing and re-fitting !

Neutral

Status
    my undertray is in the boot in about 5 bids due to the snow.If you want to save it get it off as they just collect the snow then come off.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Guys; If I remove it do I put the fixings back in to secure where it meets the front arch?

Mark.

2nd Gear

Status
    Also remove the gear-box tray or it will get ripped of at speed, that or the weather !!!

1st Gear

Status
    min came off today and turned my A4 into a nice snow. I live in Durham to and the snow is a joke where i am its about a foot deep. my tray i now in about 3-4 pieces in my brother in-laws gardenplow
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

Neutral

Status
    Mate im in Pelton Chester Le Street; and as you know its like a Foot and some.

I've just spent two hours pushing cars up the front street.

Mines Non Quattro but Ive only been stuck once. I always have a spade in the boot. The coilovers arn't the problem its the bloody 19"s. Although i shod them in 225/35/19 Sesstana Vredstein Rubber last week so the grip is a million times better than last winter. Great Tyres. In fact mine has been out everyday and the Wifes mini on 17" run flats had to stay at her work over night as it was just dangerous to drive it. I had to take her into work this morning.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    Also remove the gear-box tray or it will get ripped of at speed, that or the weather !!!
    Will do!

These things seem to be a massive problem in the snow lowered or not.

1st Gear

Status
    Small world i live in newfield and the streets are a joke,iv stuck a couple o times and had to dig myself out.
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    havnt been stuck and we have now had min 12inch of snow, quattro is great, although i have ripped both undertrays to pieces. gutted
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    Snow isn't that bad where I am in South Derbyshire however had to travel to North Notts for client visit on Thursday and it was over a foot deep on the back roads! Quattro is awsome in these conditions, got some very evil looks as I ploughed up a hill where about 3 cars and a van where stuck!

Only problem being I forgot that my car is in fact a car and doesn't have the ground clearence needed for this type of weather! So, had to visit my local indy to get it on the ramp to knock the compacted ice out from the engine tray...there must of been about 30 litres worth!!

Ypu would think I'd learnd my lession...snowed here overnight so might nip out in a bit
    Last edited by QuottroA4; 4th December 2010 at 09:29.
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.