Steering wheels

chrisash32

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a quick question.
What is the 'newest' steering wheel / airbag i can fit to my B6?
I quite like the look of some of the B7 wheels and wondered is there was anything that would go straight on the b6?

Cheers
Chris

Can fit a flat bottomed version if you like, but if you want the mult function controls to work then need other modules fitted, you need an installer?

Can fit a flat bottomed version if you like, but if you want the mult function controls to work then need other modules fitted, you need an installer?

Sounds interesting, which Flat Bottomed one will be? I have upgraded my SCCM already in the past to to the Q version, i think that supports MFSW.

If you did your module then you can fit the wheel easily then.

If you mean single to dual stage then any B7 wheel would if the car wasnt setup for dual stage originally or adapted to work.

Yeah with possibly new airbag controller & rewiring/coding that supports dual stage.

So short answer what B7 wheels can i fit the B6 without the need for replacing airbag contollors etc.

I believe a b7 S/wheel has two air-bags, where as your car is designed for one s/wheel air-bag,
although there are people that have got round this prob;, but is there anyway of knowing if it's
truly successful unless your in an accident and what if your adapted air-bag didn't work.
Would your friendly insurance-company be happy to pay-out or see the situation as an excuse not too !!!

Yeah if its the older 3 corners airbag then its single stage, the shield bags are all dual stage as per fitted to the B7 & 8P from late 04 onwards.

oh well, thanks for the info guys! Think i am best just getting my current one re-trimmed then. Thanks all the same :)

oh well, thanks for the info guys! Think i am best just getting my current one re-trimmed then. Thanks all the same :)

How much to get your old one re-trimmed is it worth it,,, I've bought a brand new OEM S-Line S/wheel for £160...
Recieved today, looks just as it should...