Which hid kit

H7 bulb fitment.

Most people opt for 35w as the 55w's are more likely to trigger bulb warnings.

Oem spec is 4300k - most people typically get between them and 6000k - the higher number giving a 'bluer' colour.

QJame's will point you in the correct direction as his HID kit as lasted for age's.. I'm not going there again.

QJame's will point you in the correct direction as his HID kit as lasted for age's.. I'm not going there again.

Why what happened mate?

Also I have seen some from hids4u are they good to buy from?

Why what happened mate?

Also I have seen some from hids4u are they good to buy from?

Please don't bring it up as i'm still seeing strobe light's.

As Colin mentioned, I fitted mine just over three years ago and they have never given any trouble. I bought a cheapo ebay set from the Far East and one of the ballasts failed once, so I replaced them with a set of slimline ones and they're still going strong. I'm going to swap the bulbs for some 4300 one's soon.

Is this sounding like The Two Ronnies broom sketch yet? lol

I think they're worth doing, some people have bulb errors. but with care these can be eliminated.

Last edited:
Gavlar you don't want the kit I had.. I bought a cheap kit from ebay .

I bought mine years ago mate, no link anymore.

Hids4u are ok though from what I've heard - get a canbus compatible set and you should be ok.

I would love to do mine, but have heard so many problems with people having bulb out warnings, ABS warning, engine warnings, CEL warnings, I just don't want to go down that road.

Think i will stick with the ***** A4 lights for now! :(

the ballasts nice and slim on that kit Paul ^^ ??
Where did you mount them? saying that... fancy fitting some more? just noticed your in S.wales :p

I got a kit from here HIDS-4-US for my civic and they were (still are -mate owns car) fantastic! Obviously cant comment on them H7 kit but mine was top quality :)

Yes as the slim ballast will fit nice and snug under the head light as there is a nice little section under the light which hold the ballest.

30 quid from ebay mate, all the kits are the same just in different boxes.

30 quid from ebay mate, all the kits are the same just in different boxes.

I've just bought a £30 set off eBay. I will update when I fit them at the weekend. Had them fitted on an old E30 with no problems, but obviously the electrics are a little more sophisticated on the A4 so I don't know what to expect. I've had the 35w kit.....

As said, once I've fitted them I'll update.

I've fitted them, and I have a slight flicker. But I think it's down to the battery being the wrong rating..... (55Ah)(think it should be 70Ah))

So Ii'm going to get a new battery and see if this cures the problem. And I need 2 new front tyres too..... :-(

I would much rather source some s4 xenons rather than hids

I've fitted them, and I have a slight flicker. But I think it's down to the battery being the wrong rating..... (55Ah)(think it should be 70Ah))

So Ii'm going to get a new battery and see if this cures the problem. And I need 2 new front tyres too..... :-(

I had a set from ebay also and mine started to flicker. It will get worse belive me. They will start to flash on/off .

Colin's all doom and gloom when it comes to HID's! :(

Some people have had a lot of problems with them, I will be interested to see how a new battery affects it. Is the flicker bad or not?

Some people have had a lot of problems with them, I will be interested to see how a new battery affects it. Is the flicker bad or not?

Well let's look at the positives first. I've definitely got DIS because I changed the connectors round on one lamp and the computer told me it was not working. :) but when the connectors are right.....no bulb warnings.

As for the flicker..... it's not that bad....wifey couldn't even see what I was on about until I pointed it out.....but I know it's there. When driving you can't see it......

As for the new battery.....I'll post up when I've changed it.

But, I am going to buy someones with slimline ballasts. I don't like all the wiring in the engine bay :-(

Last edited:
I really do think it's the battery on mine. If it doesn't cure it then ho-hum, £30 isn't going to break the bank.....

Jame's I'm just plain unlucky I guess. I would give them another try some day.

These are all gonna be mot failures this time next year...

These are all gonna be mot failures this time next year...

It's usually pretty safe that a car that has projector lamps fitted won't fail an MOT. The tester is only looking for a good beam pattern, which with the A4 lamps you get.