1.9 Tdi sounds rough at 2000rpm

ashatplay

Just Keep Swimming!
Reaction score
I understand my diesel can sound mildey like a tractor at times, but mine seems to rumble/resonate as it passes through 2k rpm. Is this a common fault with this engine? I'm thinking some imbalance or wear somewhere in the transmission.

i think the reason no one has said any thing is it mayyyyy not be a problem i say this as i have a tdi and to be fair and certain revs it dose sound funny mate and i think as many think nothing of it but thats just me and

I get a slight shake if you hold the gear stick at 2k if the car is cruising no load either with acceleration or deacceleration
but its only bang on 2k and unless you touch the gear stick you cant feel it
this has been happening ever since ive had the car and my brother inlaw before which is 7 years
how bad or what other symptoms do you have ?

i'm still having the same prob as you. mine comes and goes though. I'm having an injector problem at the moment (ones sticking) so hopefully it may be this.

I can certainly live with it. Unfortunately I am a bit of a perfectionist and it niggles each time I hear it. Mine only really happens under load to and can feel it through the gear lever as well. At least I'm not the only one! I will continue my investigation.

I will try and record a sound clip with my iPhone and post it here!