Passenger airbag deactivation

NOGAROS3

Reaction score
Still funny how he said this website was not worth advertising on, and now he wants to again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He told me he's sold 38 SS systems through BM3W

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that all? I guess he is right, BM3W is a waste of his time and effort then.

Under the agreement, is he supposed to have links to his ads in other forums, or should they only be in Tuning. I'm referring to todays "GRUPPEM GROUP BUY" links.

I have recently purchased a Jan 04 Audi A4 1.8T.

It does not have this ISOFIX thing they sell as an option whereby they replace the rear seats and also fit a front passenger airbag deactivation switch.

I want to have the switch that allows me to turn off the front passenger airbag, but Audi say they cannot provide this.

Is this true that it cannot be done?

Just take the live from the air bag, cut it in 2 and switch it your self, i did it in my 172!!

job done £4

Under normal circumstances I'd give that a try, but just spent about £17.5k on the car, so I would not consider this :) I really want to know if a dealer would effectively do the same thing.

I've fitted the air bag deactivation switch on my A4 S Line avant, definateley NOT impossible to do. PM me for further details /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry for asking a noob question but why do you want to deactivate the passenger airbag anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ah ok. Well im gonna be a dad in April but the wife can sit in the back with the baby chair...lol But if the seat is back far enough and the childseat properly installed whats the problem aint it gonna be better? I dont see the logic in deactivating it!

yeah definatley why give yourself that extra expense or hassle it could be a life saver....dont get turning it off at all....seems real stupid!

Nothing wrong with having the baby in the front seat, all im saying is that with a front facing seat you dont need to deactivate the airbag and in worst case circumstances where there may be an accident the airbag could potentially save the babies life so i dont see why it should be deactivated in the first place....Am i FCUKING STUPID for saying this or something or what!

Nothing wrong with having the baby in the front seat, all im saying is that with a front facing seat you dont need to deactivate the airbag and in worst case circumstances where there may be an accident the airbag could potentially save the babies life so i dont see why it should be deactivated in the first place....Am i FCUKING STUPID for saying this or something or what!

I don't actually think you are allowed to put a forward facing baby seat in the front seat! Not sure but I think it has always got to be in the back! Or maybe I'm being stupid for saying that :)

No you can put a baby seat in the front seat but they say make sure it is front facing as when it is rear facing if the airbag goes off it will force the baby seat up and back which is unsafe. Thats what im aware of to the best of my knowledge anyway!

I am almost 100% sure baby in front seat has to be facing backwards with airbag off. Baby should not be facing forwards in front seat, but even is this is allowed the airbag must still be deactivated!

So back to the original question :) I am wanting to know if Audi do a retrofit switch to turn off the front passenger airbag, because my local dealer says it is not possible.

Of course once the baby is old enough to sit facing forwards he is going in the back, so this is only needed for a short time period.

Yea sorry man your right when they are very young its rearward facing but as they get a little bigger you can turn it round then.