Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Convertible 2004

Hi,

Is it possible to change the front end to newer spec?

I done this to my A3 but only needed a bonnet and bumper, is this the same story for the A4 Convertible?

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    WHY YOU NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GOT! Buy a B7

Hope the people that took me DIE

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone got a proper answer to my question?

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes is is possable to change your front end to a b7 even easier because its a cab but finding the parts is a pain and not cheap. cabs are as low now price wise as you'l get so my first answer was wright get a b7 and save on labour and parts the conversion will cost 3K you will not get that money back also more than likley you will get a higher spec with a newer car hope that is a proper answer!

1st Gear

Status
    What parts add up to 3k then?

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Personally speaking - DON'T DO IT!

I've seen a few now and they all look like a right dogs dinner (the day after that is!)

Nothing against the ones I havn't seen but the B6 does look good - just blacking out the grilles etc can make a huge difference.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by r3stu View Post
    What parts add up to 3k then?
    The front bumper Ł300, head lights Ł150 a piece, Grill i dont need to carry on there is always somthing you miss they dont come painted! defo if it is metalic then half of the car needs painting Ł3k is for parts and labour read the post what about the rear it will give it away.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I was thinking of this conversion, but after working out exactly how much it will cost. Its easier to sell your B6 and buy a B7. In the end I just fitted B7 rear lights
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

6th Gear

Status
    id think you would lose money when selling it to mate i no i would not put my money into a b6 that some one had turned into a b7 id much rather just get a b7 to be fair. but in saying that its every one to there own so if your set on doing it and you have the cash to drop into it go for it just do it knowing its dead money mate and may well make a few problems when it come to your car insur too

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Take a look at this - I personally think it looks a mess......

AUDI A4 2.5 TDI CONVERTIBLE WITH S4 CONVERSION on eBay (end time 13-Dec-10 20:52:27 GMT)

3rd Gear

Status
    yeah, is that not cause its a rep front bumper? from that online company?

it still has the b6 lights, if it was done properly it would look much better (however it would just be a b7 so better off buying a b7)

1st Gear

Status
    That S4 conversion looks pants!!! I agree just buy a B7 saves so much time & effort in doing it!
    1.8T Quattro Sport - Stock at present!
    Wish List - Remap, Sounds, AIR RIDE! & Shoes!

2nd Gear

Status
    It looks SH*TE although its not a b7 conversion dont we have to change the wings, lights,bumper not to sure on bonnet then the rear new lights then new looms and coding to sort them out to get it somwhere near a b7 then all you have achieved is to devalue your car.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i got the front rs4 bumper, side skirts and back from hofele germany and it looks great. total cost was around Ł1500. car looks totally apart now. i know this pic is not big enough to have a proper look and do it justice but i shall put more pics on soon.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neebwon View Post
    i got the front rs4 bumper, side skirts and back from hofele germany and it looks great. total cost was around Ł1500. car looks totally apart now. i know this pic is not big enough to have a proper look and do it justice but i shall put more pics on soon.

Installed these Brand new B7 tail lights today and thanks to tiny wire there is no error message it was easy peasy
    got the whole set (which includes B7 boot lid led break light too) for Ł220. worth every penny as they look soo good!!
    Last edited by neebwon; 22nd December 2010 at 23:27.

Neutral

Status
    mine, done with oem parts... and believe me.. you cant tell the difference , 1a topwork!