Adivice need on buying 2.5Tdi

Amit

Reaction score
Hi guys..

I am looking to buy an A4 2.5 TDi (180bhp) Quattro sport Tip. Are there any issues I should take into consideration?

I mainly do motorway mileage.. what sort of mpg can I expect?

If I were to go for a 1.9 instead.. what sort of power can these be upgraded to without rediculous expense.

My previous car was a chipped pd150 golf that pushe 190bhp so I want something atleast up to the performance of that.. but I need reasonable economy too.

Also.. were the above cars available in the sexy deep red? (I think its garnet red but not sure)

lastly.. whats the difference between tipronic and multitronic gear box? which is better?

Sorry for all the questions.. but I am new to Audis.. but cant wait to get one.

Cheers
Amit

PS, sorry for the dual post.. posted it in the B5 forum by mistake but I want a B6

i have a b5 2.5 tdi that has been chipped.
definately go for a quattro, the fwd has no grip in 1st and 2nd.
i would say the quattro is quicker than the fwd as it actually moves from a standstill.

Well why not just get a 1.9Tdi quattro like ive done and get the uprated chip so its 199BHP aint that wuick enough if not there are exhaust upgrades and even a turbo upgrade and it will be faster than the 2.5 and easier to get parts

which chip will boost a 130 car to 199bhp! that sounds insane.. with the amount of miles I do.. I need the car to be reliable and within its limits..

but 1.9 maybe the way to go if I cant find one.

What colour is your car? is it a metalic colour or flat?

I want the slightly deeper red as shown on the S4 on the audi webpage.. any idea what colour that is?

Amit

2.5 V6, I driven a 1.9 for a while and yes they are good but the 2.5 (180)sounds beefy and theres tons of torque and you can chip them, just look at this:

http://need4speed.host.sk/dieselc.html

the best thing of all is when u got a bimmer 330d up your **** and you drop a cog foot down and watch it shrink in the rear veiw, ahh nothings better than that lol

i disagree, my dad has a 330d and its quicker than my chipped 2.5 tdi.

is yours 180bhp standard, or is it a 163 chipped, the B6 2.5tdi QUATTRO has same engine as the non quattro but has uprated pump, turbo, crank pistons etc, mine isnt chipped and have no probs blowing off 330d's, especially when the roads are a little bendy lol

how much? i seen a couple of 51 plates with 30k for about £16k and were from main dealers so theres a bit of room for haggling + a few extras etc.

see auto trader, if you can log in and type keywords 2.5TDI and there you go.

Good luck, im pretty sure you wont be dissapointed with the 2.5

Mike.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeA2B said:
is yours 180bhp standard, or is it a 163 chipped, the B6 2.5tdi QUATTRO has same engine as the non quattro but has uprated pump, turbo, crank pistons etc, mine isnt chipped and have no probs blowing off 330d's, especially when the roads are a little bendy lol

[/ QUOTE ]

no, mine is the 150 chipp too just over 190 bhp.
the 330d has 204 bhp to start with. i much prefere the audi, even though its a little slower.

Well when my car comes back you can buy that, im [censored] off with the audi service i just want rid off it!!

1.9Tdi Quattro SE 130 AVANT
39k miles
Full heated leather
fridge in dash
center arm rest
19 inch wheels
cd player
this has most other options sports pack etc !!

Ive also got a sat nav plus unit, cd changer etc comming !

car £23600
sport pack £1400
Bose £450
leather £1250
fridge £55
heated seats £350
RS4 Wheels £1100
Removable toebar £730

total nearly 30K for this car plus its got other stuff but im unsure of cost, like tinted windows!!

Then ive got the Sat Nav DVD wide screen that can go in if wanted with cd changer etc

oh and still got a years warrenty and first service is free!

Went to the audi dealer today to see if they had any old stock etc..

looks like I will be placing an order for a boring 2.0 TDi S Line in the new year unless I find a nice used 2.5 in red with leather.

Amit

Amit

i had a 2.5 tdi Q avant for about a month in the Autumn. It went beack to the main stealer due to a bodywork cover-up on a 3 yr old car, but basically it had 66k, dec 01 51 plate, Bose, heat, leather, cruise 6cd symphony. Very very nice and i would have kept it if it weren't for the paint problem.
i paid a snip under £15k from an audi place with the usual after sales package. they are around, you just gotta wait for one. It was silver, which i didn't really want, but i knew how rare it was with that full spec. the new price was in the region of £31k

2 other things that didn't totally impress me:
MPG of only 36ish, despite driving easy on the motorways and not basically thrashing it elsewhere.
The gears easily run out of revs when accelerating, you need to shift dead quick. i think that it would only go up to about 4k. I had a Golf tdi 130 before which didn't suffer from this problem.

Having said all that, i now get less MPG, but i now drive an S3. When i need to move on from this, i will consider a 130 tdi A4 and get it remapped i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Oh, and the V6 does sound wicked when it purrs awy though compared to a 4 pot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hi the 2.5 is an awsome motor, just read some of the threads, i agree you have to be sharp with the shift changes but what you get out of the car is unbelievable i mean it 180bhp v6 pulls like a jet and keeps going through the rev range, the sound of the v6 is great especially when your having it with some boy racer in one of those hot hatches.. i think you should take one out, you wont be dissapointed.

I still have my eyes peeled for one.. but looks like the two things I really want seem to be the rarest things known to man.. which are leather and a colour that stands out.

Ideally I want an amulet red car.

Why would you buy a car that expensive and then not get leather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am going to keep a look out a bit longer.. if not.. I might end up getting a 2.0Tdi B7

Amit