EM TuningBadger5

Thread: Fog Lights

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status

Fog Lights

I have just fitted HIDs to my convertible, and what a difference they make. But now my lower fogs look crap, can anyone recommend a good set of bulbs that will match the HIDs.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Put hids in fogs as well I have them on mine, have a look:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I just put Nightbreakers in mine, they're much better than the standard 55w bulbs, and not as expensive as HID's. I very rarely use my fogs anyway, and I think the bright white of the HID bulb would cause too much reflection in the fog.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    mlody,

Were the fogs easy enough to istall? H11's?

And did you get access to it from through the fog light covers only and not have to take any part of the bumper off?

Cheers!
    3.0 V6 Quattro LPG

3rd Gear

Status
    I put 8k HID in my fog lights, really easy to do, you don't need to remove the bumper, just the grills. Its a bit tight but you can get access to mount the ballast and hide all the wiring. I bought a cheap HID set from china think they were 26 off ebay, had them for over a year now and still perfect. Look good with my LED sidelights and 8k HID head lights and 100 W Main Beams.
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Exactly like above No bother installing them

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Surely 8000k HIDS must reflect in the fog really badly?

A few pics of the fog lights:

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    I don't think i have actually used them in the fog i only did it cos i hated the yellow glow of halogen bulbs, thats why i only bought cheap ones for the very rare time i use them. Next time its foggy i will put them on and let you know. The only thing i forgot to mention was i changed the screws that hold the fog light assembly to the car, mine were heavily corroded and were a nightmare to undo!!
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers