51 plate avant,can-bus or not

millwrx

Reaction score
as per title really just fitting a different all in radio,dont think its can-bus as i think its too early,can anyone confirm please,
cheers

Mines a 2001 y plate and it's canbus, why would you need to know that to fit a radio? I thought the canbus wiring was only used for the lighting circuit?

got hold of one of these satnav,radio,dvb tv,bluetooth,dvd,headunits and will be fitting the weekend along with the wireless reverse camera,looks a top bit of kit and is designed for the b6 a4,its come with all the wiring,aeriels,etc etc but has two main wiring looms,one has a canbus box on it and the other is a normall loom,not sure if i just use the one or they plug into each other,just found the wiring diagrams off the net just in case i need to move any of the wiring,like finding the speed sensor wire as i am replacing my symphony 6 disc with it

All B6's are CANBUS. CANBUS is used to provide the ignition on feed, so the HU goes on/off with the ignition

All B6's are CANBUS. CANBUS is used to provide the ignition on feed, so the HU goes on/off with the ignition

cheers for that,just need to put it in now,took out the old set and phone system out tonight,

Can you take a few photos and make a few notes as you go mate to educate the rest of us as you go? please :)