front upper linkages - mot fail

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
Just failed on 'OSF upper linkage (back)'.

I'm told this is common, and around £70 for the part and a bolt from the dealer. And that the bolt can be seized in.

Anyone have any experience of this? Can I get the part cheaper anywhere (isn't there a chap on here that's great for parts).

Is it the sort of job I could do on the driveway?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

you can try tps or if you dont mind after market one cat auto or ajays you have gfs too all good for prices really i get trade but not sure im any where near you mate im in thanet in kent

I've had two advisorys from a certain mot place and on the third mot nothing atall, when i priced them there were 3 different prices from the normal factors but tps were the best as genuine parts, again i get trade but they weren't badly priced but a right bitch to do so i am told.

Thanks guys. Simon - I'm miles from you, in Wiltshire. But cheers for the thought.

The dealers actually came out at nearly £90 with the two bolts and VAT.

I've asked pjmspeedy on here if he can get a good price etc for me.

It also failed on emissions - so that a whole 'nother can of worms right there.

Suspension Arm | Car Suspension Joints | Suspension Parts for any car should be cheaper.
Job is straightforward.
I bought a full kit from Germany of every piece of the suspension and replaced it all in one. If I remember correctly the back upper one requires the suspension leg to be dropped to access/remove one of the bolts. It's not as bad a sit sounds and I did mine on the drive.

I got the arm this morning as I happened to be near an parts shop - smidge under 30 notes.

Will pick up the bolts from the dealer tomorrow - about 4 quid.

Then I'll have a go at fitting if it stops raining long enough over the weekend.