rear chrome trim removal

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
How is the rear chrome trim removed? (as in the photo below) If I wanted it black (vinyl wrapped or painted) then how easy would it be to take out and replace, possibly a few times ! ?

DSCF0297.jpg

Easily removed by either a trim tool or a thin paint scraper however the small clips sometime break so you need to re-fit with body trim tape, i have a spare saloon one in my garage with only one clip broken if your interested??

Whooo I might have that if you are selling. Is it good condition.

As above easy to unclip with a trim removal tool, i actually wrapped mine in carbon!

IMG_0108-1.jpg

Chris

Where can ya get a trim removal tool, ebay?

I bought a set of 4 BOJO plastic tools for a tenner all in (used). So many times it would have been useful, and I am sure I can lend them out.......

I like the idea of doing this trim in gloss black (my car is silver)

Do you guys think the chrome trim around the windows would look good blacked out or not?

ive just blacked the door surrounds temporarilly with electricians tape this afternoon on mine (black car though) and it looked good. It had bubbles in it but i just wanted to see how it would look. I think it would take a bit of effort to do properly with vinyl wrap or paint though so I probably won't bother doing it. You might be more patient than me

Can you take a pic of it man? See how it looks?

i took it straight off m8 cos of the bubbles, i can photoshop it for you if thats any good?

Yeh if ya want dude, that would be great!

I've just finished blackening my window surrounds on my S4. Looks loads better. I removed them, flattened, etch primed and sprayed satin black! I'll get some pics tonight.

cfoster, were they easy enough removed?

Not too bad, thin black plastic trim cover underneath them just pulls off, then the rivets just need drilling out around the tops of the doors, on the back section it is just clipped in. Sounds daunting but it really isnt that bad! With the 2 below the windows each side I painted them on the car, just masked and covered everything up around it.

I doubt it as it's not part of the bodywork. Worth a try though...

I friggin hate the chrome trim around my windows on the avant, I know they're a right pain to replace too having to take rear windows out so I'm gonna put vinyl on mine when I get chance!

I friggin hate the chrome trim around my windows on the avant, I know they're a right pain to replace too having to take rear windows out so I'm gonna put vinyl on mine when I get chance!

Same here.