new audi a4 owner few questions be gentle with me

hitchwest

Reaction score
hi there folks this is my 1st post on here just bought a 2001 1.8t quattro

just got a few questions

1.it has come with a radio casette head unit with a 6 disc in the glove box is there a quick upgrade to convert to a single disc and possible to convert to the bose my mate has the v6 quattro and his sounds awesome

2.where is the best place to buy wiper arms from as both of mine have corroded and gone white and really spoils the look of the car

3.i have seen quite a few threads saying about the m.p.g switches on the end of the stalk is it a case of buy the stalk then just plug in or does it have to be programmed in and is it possible to get the cruise control retro fitted if so what sort of money are we talking

any help would be great thanks lee

you can put a bose system straight in or a single cd head unit from another audi and if you get a chassis number from an 04 a4 you can buy aero wipers from TPS 75 quid all in arms included they are a far better job..

1. A Bose retrofit is a big job, and many on here would advise against it as for the time and effort you could fit better quality aftermarket stuff. You'd need a new headunit, Bose amp and plentiful rewiring I think, and maybe speakers I'm not sure there.

2. Aero wipers are a worthwhile upgrade, but in the meantime why not respray them. It tooke me less than an hour to rub mine down and redo them satin black - and it tidies the car up no end.

3. Do a search for DIS retrofit, or look at the OBC one running currently. You need replacement stalks, a cruise control stalk, new slip ring and new steering wheel cowling (altho they can be modified) plus use of VAGcom to recode the car. parts would be maybe £200, but I'm sure someone can confirm. There are dozens of threads covering this!

And welcome to the forum ;)

hi james. the bose system im talking about was out of an a4 b6 and it went straight into another a4 b6. it was a mate of mine that done it to his car.

0k well my understanding is that its quite a big job involving new amp and wiring loom - but as ever I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong, it's happened before and will happen again!

well my mates an auto spark so it was prob easy for him. lucky sod..

Hi,
I have the Bose system in my car, its not just the matter of amp and away you go there also the 9 speakers that you have to consider to 4 door 4 tweeters and one sub in dash (I think its a sub lol) agree the sound quailty is excellent

i dont have bose well not that i no of but i do have 10 speakers in mine 2 in each door one in the dash and then a sub in the rear par shelf.
i had a tape player with a cd changer in mine but the cd side did not work so i got an audi 2006 head unit bose one all works no problems at all.
i dont no if its just me being 37 now but i think it sounds really good witch is why i will not bother putting an my own in it

i dont have bose well not that i no of but i do have 10 speakers in mine 2 in each door one in the dash and then a sub in the rear par shelf.
i had a tape player with a cd changer in mine but the cd side did not work so i got an audi 2006 head unit bose one all works no problems at all.
i dont no if its just me being 37 now but i think it sounds really good witch is why i will not bother putting an my own in it
You would know if you had a bose system as the door speaker grill has the bose symbol plus when turning on the radio bose appears first and there is a bose amp in the boot on the right handside side in the compartment which is removale, plus the sound is awesome too lol

thats what i thought mate although mine dose sound good to me any way bose would be nice too but im told it sounds a weeeee bit tiny

Last edited: