AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

cruise and dis coding

Hi all, i know a few of you have done this upgrade but i would like an honest opinion on how easy the coding is, i have a pucker vag-com lead and all the tools/ facilitys to do the hardware install just a little concerned as to the coding, i'm not 100% on how to work out the new inputs, i shall be attemting some other changes via vag-com as i have finally sourced a later comfort module to be
    able to code my B7 keys,
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Have a look at this document mate. Fantastic how to. https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...1NjEz&hl=en_GB

1st Gear

Status
    I found it handy enough Matt

Robbie
    2001 S3

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    i used that document with no prior knowledge of vag-com and had it all done in under 5mins. dead easy
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

nj

Status
    Does anyone know where to find the part number on a steering control module? quattrojames has posession of one I ordered but can't see the p/n.
    cheers
    Anybody selling a polisher? PM me.
    -----------------------------------
    A4 B6 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant

5th Gear

Status
    The part number ois on a white sticker on the top of the sccm
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Hmmmm... well there is a slight sticky mark where forementioned sticker used to be .....

Is there any visible difference between the different derivatives?
    Last edited by quattrojames; 4th November 2010 at 12:26.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

nj

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    there is a slight sticky mark where forementioned sticker used to be ....
    Bugger

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Hmmmm... well there is a slight sticky mark where forementioned sticker used to be .....

Is there any visible difference between the different derivatives?
    Could be the amount of plugs on it for the different stalks, clutching at straws really.

nj

Status
    the control module was attached to the wiper/DIS stalk when I bought it. The stalk is 4E0 953 503 C but I don't know if there's any way to tie this up to a specific module or range of modules?

5th Gear

Status
    What are you trying to do?

5th Gear

Status
    The only way i can think of for sure is to fit it and do a vagcom scan that will read the modules fitted

nj

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    The only way i can think of for sure is to fit it and do a vagcom scan that will read the modules fitted
    looks like that's what will need to happen mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    What are you trying to do?
    I'm going to retro fit DIS and cruise control. I bought everything from one person on ebay but that's not a guarantee that it's the right sccm. James kindly took delivery of those bits and a few others to send on to me.

5th Gear

Status
    If it was already fitted should be a fair chance the module does both cruise and dis, i gave up looking on the bay and new seems an expensive upgrade for something i proberbly won't use anyway hense why i'm selling my module, i have cruise fitted in the lorry and don't use it.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fourcircle View Post
    the control module was attached to the wiper/DIS stalk when I bought it. The stalk is 4E0 953 503 C but I don't know if there's any way to tie this up to a specific module or range of modules?
    what does the 4 in the part number denote as i have a part number of 8E0 953 503 C for a B6 Avant dis stalk?

nj

Status
    the 4 means it's from a B7 as far as I know. Although I bought it all from one seller the CC stalk wasn't fited to the rest so he had the components but hadn't actually fitted them. hence I don't know for sure if the sscm is compatible with CC. It will def do DIS since that wiper arm is attache dto the module already (well.. I bloody hope so)
    So are you selling the stalk or the sscm or both?

5th Gear

Status
    Only the sccm as i haven't managed to find any used stalks the part number of my sccm is 8E0 953 549 P compatible with both cruise and dis but not mfsw, i can't believe though that yours will only do dis and not cruise,surely they aren't going to make loads of different sccm's

nj

Status
    god bless german over engineering. yep, it's possible to get those that do DIS but not CC.
    Last edited by fourcircle; 4th November 2010 at 19:25. Reason: found additional info