Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Replaced wiper linkage, now water in drivers footwell

I've just had the wiper linkage replaced at a small independent garage. When driving home tonight after the car had been parked up all day in the rain I took a sharp left junction and felt water hit my accelerator foot as it came into the drivers footwell.

What could they have put back incorrectly, or missed. It's obviously going back but an idea of what to point them towards may help. I'm sure there was no leak before the work was carried out.

Thanks
    Martin.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    theres a gromet down by the linkage (wires from ecu) this could have been disturbed

1st Gear

Status
    might also be worth inspecting the scuttle panel for cracks in case they have put the old one back on and damaged it whilst removing it which is all to easy to do.

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by donsajid View Post
    might also be worth inspecting the scuttle panel for cracks in case they have put the old one back on and damaged it whilst removing it which is all to easy to do.
    You wont crack a steel panel like that .

5th Gear

Status
    i think he is on about the plastic one that sits at the bottom of the windscreen, but i think personally even if that was removed it wouldnt let water into the car has it is mainly just a trim

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    i think he is on about the plastic one that sits at the bottom of the windscreen, but i think personally even if that was removed it wouldnt let water into the car has it is mainly just a trim
    I thought that after i wrote it but theres no way that trim will let in water ,
    for one its got holes in it anyway

1st Gear

Status
    yes i was talking about the plastic one, but if there are cracks in it at the point where it meets the windscreen, then water can fall behind that into god knows where....

1st Gear

Status
    I would ask them if they removed the black box that holds the ecu inside on the o/s of the scuttle panel area. If its not refitted correctly it will let water straight into the car. Ive done many wiper linkages and know how tight it is in there, it does help sometimes if you take the top of the black box to ease access of the wiper linkage assembly.Also make sure the drain tube under the battery is not blocked.

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by donsajid View Post
    but if there are cracks in it at the point where it meets the windscreen, then water can fall behind that into god knows where....
    No it wont check else where