IN TWO MIND'S

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm in two mind's with ragard's to my spare alloy interior trim's.
1. Keep it and cover it with fadric like those have done in the USA
2. Paint it a funky colour like Calvin's B5.
3. stick it on ebay..

Suggestion's please.
IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

I don't think I'd cover it or paint it myself. That trim is still 'reasonably' unusual, a lot of cars have the 'Piano' smooth type trim, so for owners with that the alloy trim would be a nice upgrade. If you were going to cover it then I'd cover the less desirable 'Piano' trims - paintwise then perhaps the finish would be better with the alloy? Seems a shame to lose a set of alloy trims.

The alloy trim that is my is the smooth type. I was think this spare trim would look nice if i colour matched it to the same colour as my car and the added bonus of that criss cross effect will add a little something extra.

Chromoflair!!!! Something that changes colour - that'll get people looking!!

Come on Chris i drive an Audi.

In that case leave it Silver!! Or if you ever find yourself with a lust for Rovers, you could give them the wood effect look!

Wood Effect.. Never lol my. I may look at some vinly's (not wood).

I don't think I'd cover it or paint it myself. That trim is still 'reasonably' unusual, a lot of cars have the 'Piano' smooth type trim, so for owners with that the alloy trim would be a nice upgrade. If you were going to cover it then I'd cover the less desirable 'Piano' trims - paintwise then perhaps the finish would be better with the alloy? Seems a shame to lose a set of alloy trims.

Second That !!!

Col,,, is your car a multitronic ?, reason I ask is that gear-surround in your pict; isn't for a manual !

Last edited:
Second That !!!

Col,,, is your car a multitronic ?, reason I ask is that gear-surround in your pict; isn't for a manual !

I thought i would nip outside to see if it was for a multitronic as i have never test fitted any of the trim.

My standard Manual s-line alloy trim gear knob surround
IMG_2996.jpg

My spare criss cross alloy gear surrond..

IMG_2994.jpg

Dont attack it thats just wrong ,
sell them too me :)

Last edited:
I thought i would nip outside to see if it was for a multitronic as i have never test fitted any of the trim.

My standard Manual s-line alloy trim gear knob surround
IMG_2996.jpg

My spare criss cross alloy gear surrond..

IMG_2994.jpg

Yep definitely for an auto/multi that ! tell by the size of the gap !!!
Here's my criss/cross one for a manual .

Picture341.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the gap is bigger what i have noticed is that when fitting it over the leather gatter instead of the leather gatter sitting on top give the apperance of the gearknob now look's lower.

Before

IMG_3000.jpg

After.
IMG_2995-1-1.jpg

I'm looking as i'm posting.