BKZ187

Reaction score
I love my '04 A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport

but I am pi$$ed that I cannot flick through the OBC on my wiper stalk

why is this? can it be made to work?

I am also pi$$ed that I dont have the armrest

My mates 01 SE has both of them!!

whats going on??????????????????????????:scared2:

SE's have a more luxurious spec whereas the Sports have a sportier spec! Both can be retrofitted quite easily. Armrest are a DIY job, I can't remember the price, maybe £70 or so as a guess. The DIS is a £150-200 retrofit which requires VAGcom, a search should throw up plenty of clues.

Could be an optional extra the armrest . i know sport models dont have dis as standard where as the se does, Really poor i think considering how much you pay for the car when new . Mines a 03 and has an armrest but no dis. I had to fit this myself , Managed to get a stalk from ebay from a guy selling them for £22.50 posted, comes from poland though. Its not genuine but the quality is pretty close and it works 100% , im a lot happier with mine now its got it.

Managed to get a stalk from ebay from a guy selling them for £22.50 posted, comes from poland though. Its not genuine but the quality is pretty close and it works 100% , im a lot happier with mine now its got it.

So is the stalk all you need to have the full dispaly or is it not as simple as that?

Thanks jay

what sort of cost involved?

I contacted a place called VW Cruise, [Click here for A4 specifics] I had the cruise control, DIS, a Dension 300 iPod control fitted and a few VAG-COM things enabled. I will admit, it wasn't the cheapest place on Earth, but they do supply all the parts (of which they are genuine VW/Audi and all came in boxes) and they did a top job too. They sorted it all out while I was at work so I didn't need to drive anywhere.

I know a lot of people will say you can fit these things yourself for a fraction of the cost, but if anything goes wrong, quite frankly you're ********! They test everything they fit while you're there and you can call them if you have problems - not that I had any mind you.

thanks for the info - would be handy to know what you paid tho!

Have you got a fridge?!!

Only kidding! Good luck with getting it all retrofitted

BK If you buy the OBC arm, I'll be happy to do the coding for you.

If you dont mind me asking, how do you go about retro fitting an armrest. Its one thing I miss in my sport.

Guys,

When retrofitting DIS, are new speedos required or will it run off the existing?

its all already there, you just turn it on using vag-com,
Whats the story with bulb out detection ? I did this mod and when my break light bulbs both failed I had only the ESP and Glow Plug light to warn me. Did I miss something ?

Is an avant different in some way? I want to do this too. Not that I really want to see how much fuel my 3.0 is guzzling but I feel like i'm missing out :)

ah. of course. you can't push the wiper arm back for rear jets. I'm a bit special this morning. So presumably there's a specific avant part. Does anyone know the part number?

ah. of course. you can't push the wiper arm back for rear jets. I'm a bit special this morning. So presumably there's a specific avant part. Does anyone know the part number?

part number for an avant obc stalk is 8e0 953 503 c, also can use a b7 one 4e0 953 503c

part number for an avant obc stalk is 8e0 953 503 c, also can use a b7 one 4e0 953 503c

Brilliant, thanks mate. Looking through many posts I get a feeling that Cruise may be a good addition at the same time so I may need to swap controle module too as I have a 51 plate. I'll scan the car tonight and see what my current module is.

Just to clarify if needed, all B6's can have DIS control retrofitted. All you need is the correct DIS wiper stalk and VCDS.

I had a result after watching stalks on eBay for ages as I got one that was basically new for 99p + £4 p+p. You will need a big male torx bit to remove the steering wheel and a long thin torx to remove the steering wheel cowling but other than that its straight forward.

The coding on VCDS can be a bit of a pain though, expecially if you dont have a guide or know what you are doing.

Just note it is usual to have ESP/ABS errors after fitting the stalk and carrying out the coding. Just drive the car a short distance and these warnings will turn off by themselves.

If you are looking on eBay for stalks and they dont list the part number just look at the pics to see how many windscreen symols the stalk has printed on it and you should be able to tell if it is an avant or saloon version.

Some people also fit cruise control at the same time but you need to know what steering wheel control module you have first. Some cars came with modules that will accept the cruise stalk and just need coding, others will require a replacement steering wheel control module. I'll try and find the module part number list that shows which are compatible.

Here you go:

If you are wanting to retrofit cruise control you need too make sure your steering wheel control module on your car is part number 8E0 953 549 then N, P, R or Q on the end. Control module part numbers ending in F or S will do DIS only. Part numbers can be found by scanning with VCDS

blimey!!

I want the cruise control too I guess! how much will that cost?

oh and another thing I am missing is the auto rain wipers - my brothers 02 passat has this and it bugs me that I dont have it on my 04 A4!!

wouldnt mind getting this all done at same time?

Auto wipers is generally not considered to be a retrofit option. It would involve a new windscreen and rear view mirror as far as I'm aware and thats not even looking into the wiring side of things. I may be wrong though.

lol - I should stop expecting the same equipment as a BMW !!

My red one had both but I was gutted when my blue one didnt have either and to top it off....I had manual rear windows too!!

mines got manual rears tooooooo booohooo hoooo

pathetic standard spec for a SPORT

sounds like time.. for a mod!!!

edit** suggested mod. I have 'em already

Last edited: