Why does my SPORT not have OBC or Armrest? :Fuming:

Nope!!! Its ANOTHER option apparently. ****** joke aint it.

Yes I can confirm my sport has no OBC, cruise or rear electric windows (annoying when I was cruising down the motorway and could hear that there was a tiny draft from the rear left passenger window the other day). I do have the armrest.

I miss loads of toys that I had on my full-spec V5, stuff that I would have though Audi might have equipped this model with. Surprising but I guess there's a trade-off somewhere for the sports seats and the rest.

I had a sunroof on the red one too, all I was missing was the heated seats!

I cant see Audi's reasoning for not including certain 'toys' in the Sport models. The car costs more than an SE so why not have an armrest, OBC and rear leccy windows? There should be all those and more, like front stinger missles and a passenger ejector seat!

Do they think people who want a 'sportier' drive dont care for such items like knowing what their MPG is or setting a few trip counters and being able to rest their forearms over the centre console? And, while we're on the topic, having different bumpers and a ride lowered by AT MOST 20mm isnt what i exactly call 'Sporty' lol

Rant over!

:p

I thought it was just me who had a rubbish spec sport, i've got full leather metallic paint centre arm rest and thats about it.I dont even have a key switch to turn off my passenger airbag which has pi??ed me off no end and my little baby girl.

Thou im just about to order a new wiper switch armso i can @ least get my OBC working.....Love the cars but the specs are rubbish on the B6 Sports............Rant over

what's the deal with the wiper switch arm and OBC then?

It contains the toggle switch to move the trip computer functions, and the reset button underneath.

I dont even have a key switch to turn off my passenger airbag which has pi??ed me off no end and my little baby girl.

In fairness the newest B6 is 6 years old now, that sort of thing wasn't 'that' common back then I don't think. It was introduced for the B7 iirc.

haha. I'm an idiot. I was thinking it was something to do with the wiper arm.. as in the arm that holds the wiper blade, rather than the wiper stalk. wakey wakey!!

retro fit just means to install something that wasn't installed at the factory by the way

I've just ordered my new wiper arm control switch, so hopefully one day soon my Sport will have a OBC to and i can obsess over how much im getting to the gallon on the motorway @ 60mph.....!!!!

I've just ordered my new wiper arm control switch, so hopefully one day soon my Sport will have a OBC to and i can obsess over how much im getting to the gallon on the motorway @ 60mph.....!!!!

Did you buy from the dealer? If so do you mind me asking how much you paid?

I bought the one from the ebay link above, looks 100%, just need someone to code it now lol

ah yes. I forgot about the link way back there. Do you know any friendly ASN people in your area for the vagcom shenanigans?

I know a guy who can do basic vagcom stuff, like autolock and diagnostics etc but tryin to see if he can do this also

I'm sure nobody knows how to do it until they've followed the instructions at least once. I certainly have no idea but don't plan on letting it stop me :)

I know a guy who can do basic vagcom stuff, like autolock and diagnostics etc but tryin to see if he can do this also

Theres a thread somewhere from a member on here who did it themselves, sounds pretty easy aswell. Sure it was "technics"...might be wrong though, its in the threds somewhere!

I've just had a look @ that link for fitting the cruise-control, is that whats involved with the OBC ? do i have to take the airbag and steering wheel off? As that doesn't look like a 10 minute job to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anybody give advice / time involved in fitting ( not coding ) the new wiper arm switch.

Cheers

Yes, steering wheel and airbag need to come off for DIS stalk fitting.

As long as you disconnect the battery too there's nothing to worry about with taking the airbag off and it's only 2 screws. Also remember you'll need a big male torx or multispline bit to get the steering wheel off. The wheel is not on a tapered shaft like older cars so once the centre bolt is out the wheel just pulls off easily. Just remember to have it straight before taking it off or mark it so you can put it back on in the same place.

All in all I reckon it took me 15-20 mins to do mine and that was only because I had to modify one of my torx screwdrivers so the shaft was long enough to get to the screws for the steering column plastics.

Guys,

Im gonna attempt to fit the stalk now. Is taking 1 terminal off the battery enough to disconnect it or must both pos and neg be taken off?

Thanks

Just taking the positive off would be sufficient to break the circuit.

Couldnt get it done guys, didnt have a tool for the big nut in the middle. Just gonna get my local mechanic to do it.

I would urge anyone who doesnt have a proper tool set not to attempt this

I think it's a 12 pointed spline but you can use a large torx instead (just grips half the splines). I have a nice set of spline bits from when I first had to take driveshafts off my S2.

Any time I need to buy a new tool for a job on my cars I take pleasure in knowing that one day I'll need it again and be chuffed I have it already :)

Ah. Tool check Fail.
I'm going doing this mod tonight. Pictures and write up will follow...

Im worried NOW, how big is this torque bit that you need to get the steering wheel off? i've just bought a full set but they only go upto about 6mm diameter.

What size is required? im beginning to think that i aint going to be able to do as i dont have big enough tools......

Thats ok then i've got the T55 bit and all the others in my new set.

I dont have the vag-com side of it but have had an offer from ( scott b ) to help with that side of it ( thanks fella as soon as it arrives i'll pm you )

My main concern is can i fit the part then drive to warrington ( about 40 miles ) with out sorting the vag-com out first????

I think there's potential for ABS problems there: I'd be inclined to take the tools and do the phyical swap at the same time. If you're concerned you can pop off the cowling first and check that you can get the tools onto each relevant screw head etc, maybe even loosen and retighten them to be 100% sure you'll be fine when you get to warrington

Well I completed Cruise tonight. I am greeted by a little green symbol on the dash when i play with the cruise switch. oh the joys... Everything went smoothly, just followed the PDF that is posted earlier. I used a spline as opposed to torx but each to his own. I trimmed my lower cowling with a hot cutting knife. There is actually an outline already there where the cut should be.
When it came to coding I had the usual messing with logging into the ABS module. I worked out my login from the logs I had done previously. And then forgot to login the second time with the code provided in the PDF. But thats my fault.
Whilst I had the steering stuff off I also cleaned my dash clocks out. split it down and blew it with compressed air.
All back together now... cruised home.

PS. Forgot to bring the battery for my camera...hence no pics.

As for fitting the cruise and driving with out using VAG to set it up. You will have 3 warning lights. One is red, the handbrake. Red means don't drive. The other 2 are orange. I doubt you will have ABS, your steering could be affected too. I would be unsure myself about driving like this.

Sounds like i should drive over and then do the retro-fit then.

Is the coding part easy then if you know your way around vag-com..I.E done quickly or it is a long job..?

Sounds like i should drive over and then do the retro-fit then.

Is the coding part easy then if you know your way around vag-com..I.E done quickly or it is a long job..?

About 10 mins to do the coding once you have the correct codes.

Got the stalk fitted today lads, it was the ebay one that was posted above. Works 100%

defsix, do any wires have to be added in when coding just DIS?

NB: Im just adding DIS and not Cruise

I payed for mine on the 28th of october using the above link, and haven't heard anything from the guy, i've just now e-mailed him to find out whats happening.
GIBONZ........ how long did yours take to come from paying for it?????

Just one wire from a terminal on the back of the dash clocks. This is to fool the system into thinking the window washer bottle is full, even thoigh you have no sensor yet. I recommend an Audi repair wire. Sorry I don't have part numbers to hand.