Wipers, what ones to buy?

mlody

Reaction score
I need to buy a new set of wipers for my baby. What would u lads suggest? I dont want to be spending too much but I also don't want to have to change them again next month or so

Personally I would just go to Audi and get some originals - they may cost a couple of pounds more but I think it's always better to have an Audi receipt in the folder rather than a Halfords one for example!! I did mine the other week and worth doing!

i did mine from halfords a year ago and they are still good think 22 pounds

stick to the OEM Audi ones, can get them on ebay from dealers about £30 so not massive increase on halfords ones

I went the Halfrauds way with mine and have to say i can only fault them on one thing, but it is getting to be really annoying. When the wipers are at the top and changing over to come back down they make quite a loud noise, its when the rubber turns to start its down sweep. Not sure if it can be sorted. Go oem

i dont have any thing like that mate try cleaning them with some vieger helps to sofen them up a bit

Bought the bosch ones today in one of the motor factors, 22 euro I paid, will install them in a while and tell u what they're like. Im sure they will be better than my current ones as a bit of them actually fell off ha ha. Thanks for the quick answer though ;)

i gave audi a chssis number from an 04 model and got some aero wipers at cost because of my work. 25 quid for each arm and 11 quid each for the blades. its the best move i ever made as far as wipers go.

i gave audi a chssis number from an 04 model and got some aero wipers at cost because of my work. 25 quid for each arm and 11 quid each for the blades. its the best move i ever made as far as wipers go.

Will the 04 model arms & blades fit a B6 2001, if so do you have the part numbers of the arms & blades as I want to change mine.

anyone got pic of aero wipers fitted?

As for cleaning, use rainx! works a treat for cleaning as well as its original purpose.

Not the best pic but it'll give you the idea.

Doorrings001-3.jpg

I bought bosch aero wipers from euro car parts cost me £27 for three they have the universal fitment so no expensive arm change and there the best wipers ive ever bought.

no part numbers WAY318 try and get a chassis number off an 04 model mate and yes they will fit your car..

These are the part numbers I think, I can't remember which is which though:

8E2955407C

8E2955408C

so can i put the aero wipers on mine then with out having to change the old arms sorry if some one has already answered this

Cheers quattrojames & BASS 666.

Just got to think of who I know who has got a 04 plate.

simon you can get them for your old arms but they are ugly as sin ie not slimline looking.

thanks bass 666 so its new arms too then ill keep an eye out for some

Cheers James, you have sold them to me. When the wipers need replacing I will do that mod.

I clean my blades with AG Glass polish, thats all I ever use and it beads very well.