A4 Cab with tinted windows?

3283old

Reaction score
How come i've never seen an a4 cabriolet with tinted windows. Am i missing something?
I am temted with mine but need to see others to assess!
What do you guys think? mine is a sport model in deep red with black roof.
Thanks

Yeah you do have a point there!
Ive seen 1 or 2 around my area and think there is a couple on here too.
If you want tints mate then go for it, afterall its for your taste and not others!!!
Dont go too dark though, you'll only have to rip the fronts off...

CHRIS555 to the rescue!!! Lol! I have tints on mine........

DSC_0745.jpg

PICT1543.jpg

DSC_1510.jpg

Hope this helps - personally if I was you - I would definately get them!!!!

Thanks guys, looks great chris555, think i will now!

No problems - I know it's difficult when your not sure what the end result will be, but I can say hand on heart that you won't regret it. I've had two Convertible A4's and my first one did not have them and when I had them done to the second car I had to really ask myself why I didn't do it before - it gives you a little more privacy and looks great.

If you get them done, drop some pictures online!

Best wishes

Chris

hey chris, I like what you've done to your alloys, they look different!:yes:

I saw these in the flesh at ADI and they do look good.

CHRIS555 that is a really niiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccceeeeeeeee car ;-)

Chris i noticed you have posted up Pic's in each of the Forum's ( chassis type) that made it to ADI . Now i know why you haven't posted any pic's of A4 b6's..... ( because there was only me and you supporting the A4 b6 Class on the ASN stand) QJames was also there but with a different club. Chris i hope ADI was not to much of a let down with regard's to the POOOR turn out from the A4 B6 owner's. I'm used to going to show's and event's and only being the only A4 B6 there, we were even out numbered by the rs6 boy's and that;s the first time i have seen them on a ASN stand (little rant over)

It was nice to meet you on Saturday Colin :thumbsup:

As we discussed on then the B6 turnout is always poor, but I don't know why as this is quite an active forum really. I was on the AOC stand, and Chrisash32 was also there in his Avant, and there was a B7 belonging to Richardesty - but all in all the turnout was very low - having said that its the first event I've attended and not been the only B6 on the stand!

I guess it's because the S/RS Audi's always attract more attention and have their own dedicated forums.

Last edited:
James i understand what you are saying but the whole point of these great show's (i love them) is to bring club's/forum's together 3 or 4 time's a year so the member's can meet one another and show there car's.. We all love spending our spare hard earned cash on them, we all love talking about car's and mod's. The point is these event's and show's are posted up well in advance (2/3 month's) so i why is there such a poor turn out.

Sorry Chris for crashing this thread.

Hey guys, I totally agree about the lack of B6's - I've been to ADI, GTi International and Edition 38 this year and I could count all the A4 B6's I've seen on my 2 hands! It's amazing as you have pointed out as this is a really active forum (B6's) and a shame not everyone gets stuck in - I was shouting to my mate on the M5 that we were surrounded by A3's - unfortunately he thought I was saying "put it in 3rd gear and boot it!! so I had to race, sorry, chase him all the way to 70mph.........)

Maybe next year we should actively promote the events within the B6 section itself. I will be going to all I possibly can without fail as I really enjoy going to the shows, meeting folk and seeing others cars.

But like a magician pulling a rabbit out of the hat guess what I've found!!..........

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1609.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

PS. Colin, I do have some of yours, I just need to get them uploaded onto photobucket then they'll be on mate!

PPS. Colin - we need to make sure next year that we get our B6's together at the shows as well!

All the best

Chris

Aha! Here's a picture of my old Convertible - I had this one from brand new back in 2004!!

AudiA4Convertable-1.jpg

james his wheels have just been painted in silver then they have flicked the black over that then the clear coat i think

james his wheels have just been painted in silver then they have flicked the black over that then the clear coat i think

Nearly!

The original alloys were stripped and dipped back to bear metal. Then they were sprayed 100% gloss black (front and back). Then I had the triangular areas sprayed in "Flash Chrome" which gives the final effect.

The wheels when clean look brilliant at night-time and in sunlight - night-time is great because of all the street lights etc and they refect really well.

To be totally honest I have so many people ask me about the wheels it's unbelievable. I even had someone wake me up in my tent at 4am at GTi International to tell me how great they looked (that was one compliement I could have done without!!)!

If anyone is interested in having this or something similar done drop me a line and I will send you a link to the company that does it - they have franchises everywhere...

Best wishes

Chris

can i ask how much it set you back for that mate

I paid £350 for all 5 wheels to be done and it was a same day service.

Just thinking out aloud a bit here, but if you or anyone else is thinking of having this done be prepared to have to do it once a year as the chrome is easily chipped (especially on Motorway runs), but still cheaper than new wheels!

im thinkng ill try it myself iv got the same wheels as you and one is in black already as a tester.
im thinking ill do it in seliver thought just to see how it comes out thanks chris. i see you say the chrome is easy to chip do they not put clear coat on top as this should seal it in and stop that.

Last edited:
They are coated but the elements of the roads have done their dirty deed!!

PS. If you take a look at my project thread there are a few before and after pictures which may be of some use as well mate.

i hear that top tip when you clean your cars and give them a wax/polish put the same stuff on your wheels this helps alot guys.

cool thanks mate ill try find your link now lol

i hear that top tip when you clean your cars and give them a wax/polish put the same stuff on your wheels this helps alot guys.

cool thanks mate ill try find your link now lol

Totally agree! I've just started using some wheel wax which contains waxes, polymers and PTFE to create a buffer zone. To be honest I need to do it more often, especially now where into the lovely cold time of the year!!!

it is all paint mate so stands to reson to treat it the same as the body i think i do mine every time i wax the car and i never use alloy wheel cleaner
its very harsh t.cut is good on wheels to get a good shine and then polish them job done well if they are not curbed lol

hey chris, I like what you've done to your alloys, they look different!:yes:

Hey mate, thought you may appreciate this shot of the alloy closer up at night-time following on from our conversation.......

CSC_0933.jpg