spigot ring help asap!

jd26

Reaction score
Hey folks!

New wheels have arrived only problemo with the spigot rings.

Boxes show the wheel hub = 57.2

Spigots have little numbers showing 73.1 on the outside and 57.1 on the inner...sound right for the a4?

They dont fit in the backs of the wheels though :S seem to have an extra lip on them but its thick thick plastic so surely wont just break off...

confused..

is the OD of the spigot ring supposed t be 73.1? i.e. is the bore of your wheel 73.1mm?

edit;
if the bore of your wheel is 57.2 then you wont need spigots to fit over your standard VAG hub bore of 57.1 mm

Last edited:
IMAG0007.jpg
rings in question - guy said on the phone that it should have a lip that cuts off..

not sure buddy not checked as i just expected them to sort that for me.. just seems odd as on my last car it was just a case of plonking them in the back of my new wheels not messing about

yep, i dont believe you would have to cut anything off. I have recently gone through the trouble of fitting spigot rings to some aftermarket wheels. I bought the exact same spigots you have there (ID 57.1, OD 73.1). They wouldnt fit.

What wheels are you trying to put them on?

have you measured the bore of the wheel? You should be able to get an idea of what it should be

Just got out there now and test fitted a wheel without the rings. They appear to be the perfect fit for the hubs. Good times! just gotta wait for my missing valve and then the tyres will be on them woop!

Thanks Alex!

You need some type of spigot ring as Alloy and steel don't mix well, one will react against the other.

unless you can find a 0.1mm spigot i would also suggest that grease would be the best option :)

You need some type of spigot ring as Alloy and steel don't mix well, one will react against the other.
ALL genuine wheels are direct fit on all cars including Audi so if they fit all the better plastic spiggots are after market wheel only
yes alloy and steel dont mix but as already said i slight smear of gold grease is fine
but so many OEM wheels have nothing and dont give trouble .

Very strange for after market/replica wheel's to fit direct as the supplier included the spigot ring's.. When i bought ATS cup's a month or 2 back for my project polo, we had the same problem with the the spigot ring's not fitting the wheel's. Rimstyle sent us down 3 type's to try. VW forum member's at the time said use insulating tape on the hub's to make up the difference..:wacko:

Last edited: