C17LJR's quattro sport avant

Can't believe I never saw this thread! I am loving those fat 5's, they suit it really well. Great colour too (for the wheels I meant, but car is also a good colour).

Well done mate! Just a bit gutted about the xenon's being from a cab :(

Can't believe I never saw this thread! I am loving those fat 5's, they suit it really well. Great colour too (for the wheels I meant, but car is also a good colour).

Well done mate! Just a bit gutted about the xenon's being from a cab :(

Cheers mate, its been soul distroying over the last 6 months with the engine rebuild etc, all been worthwhile seeing it now though, gutted about the xenon's too but nevermind

i've got a spare set of fat 5s for sale if your interested ;)

Some serious Wrench time gone into this.... looking menacing - Like it

Have you still got the xenons? will it fit a B6 cab?

cheers for the comments mitch, still plenty to do yet.

got the xenon's up for sale just now, they'll fit straight on your cab. want them?

in other news, just bought some s4 brakes ;)

cheers for the comments mitch, still plenty to do yet.

got the xenon's up for sale just now, they'll fit straight on your cab. want them?

I have xenons on mine (fitted when car built new) and I totally love them - my friend had a black cab with the normal lights and there is a huge difference.

I have xenons on mine (fitted when car built new) and I totally love them - my friend had a black cab with the normal lights and there is a huge difference.

yep, i fitted them to the avant just to compare the output, it is literally night & day. best upgrade you can do as standard a4 likes are pretty bad, back on the hunt for s4 saloon or avant ones now

Cheers mate, its been soul distroying over the last 6 months with the engine rebuild etc, all been worthwhile seeing it now though, gutted about the xenon's too but nevermind

i've got a spare set of fat 5s for sale if your interested ;)

I'd love them mate...but funds just doesn't allow it. If they're selling for £100 then i'll grab them off ya, lol. What is the going rate for the wheels? I have no idea, but just wondering.

got them for sale for 475 delivered, i have seen them with tyres between 800-1k though

Nice mods there mate! Do you mind sending me on the part number for the front recess plate please? I want to get short number plates made up but the front of my s4 bumper recess has holes and slots in it which would be visible if I just fitted a short plate to it.

Also have you got any engine bay pics with the new covers fitted? I was thinking of this idea of getting s4 covers for my engine bay but was unsure if they would fit the 2.5 TDi engine bay.

Also have you got any engine bay pics with the new covers fitted? I was thinking of this idea of getting s4 covers for my engine bay but was unsure if they would fit the 2.5 TDi engine bay.[/QUOTE]

hi mate, i'll look the part number out for the plate recess cover,

not fitted the engine covers but they're all a direct fit for the 2.5 apart from the right hand side/passenger cover that sits over the washer bottle, this needs to be trimed back slightly but its all hidden,

will get pics asap

Cheers Nathan, was lurking on here for a while before I bought the bus, thought I'd register and start posting once I'd got it all fixed :)

got the car washed today so took a couple pics

mumsfurnitureandcar023.jpg

mumsfurnitureandcar025.jpg
mumsfurnitureandcar027.jpg
mumsfurnitureandcar030.jpg

fat 5s up for sale, with near new falkens 215/40/18 tyres

mumsfurnitureandcar028.jpg

mumsfurnitureandcar029.jpg

mumsfurnitureandcar031.jpg

mumsfurnitureandcar032.jpg

Sweet, i love the ride height on the front, will looking at something similar on mine

Thanks, gonna remove the adjusters out back so it's same as the front, but only once new wheels are on,

As for wheels, not 100% sure yet, got a few ideas the now, but it'll be 19s or 20s

Thanks, gonna remove the adjusters out back so it's same as the front, but only once new wheels are on,

As for wheels, not 100% sure yet, got a few ideas the now, but it'll be 19s or 20s

I know what you mean - I've narrowed it down to about 10 different sets of wheels!! I must admit, having seen Deckedm's Cab on RS6 20's Im interested but worried that for daily use (and tyre costs) 20's maybe are a touch too much - but never say never (as I say to the wife!!)

650 for the wheels with near new falkens, or 750 painted mate

so, mentioned the s4 brakes already, gonna get them tidied up & painted, not sure what colour to go for?

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

not that you'll really see them behind these

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Yep, Bentley GTCs Jon, Still need centre caps & badges,

Cheers, hoping it'll look good. i know some on here won't agree (non audi wheels & all that) but i like them & think they'll suit the car down to the ground

got the large centres now, still need the B badges.

tyres should be here tuesday too ;)

Yep, Bentley GTCs Jon, Still need centre caps & badges,

Cheers, hoping it'll look good. i know some on here won't agree (non audi wheels & all that) but i like them & think they'll suit the car down to the ground
I'm with you, they do suit the car perfectly. They are the best thing i have ever baught for my car, i love mine.
IMG_8614.jpg

cheers mate, got any side on pics of yours just to see how they sit against the arch? also what size tyre you running?

cheers mate, got any side on pics of yours just to see how they sit against the arch? also what size tyre you running?

I'm running them on 235 35 19. I have rolled my rear arch (to accomodate my last mercedes wheels which were 9.5j with 245 - no rubbing) I haven't any issues with these at all, only paranoid about the rim sticking out from the tyre but hey, their only wheels eh ?
IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

The 235s actually sit quite good on them, thought they'd be too wide for the wheel for going low so went for 225s, getting the tyres tomorrow and wheels are going straight on ;)

wheels & tyres chucked in the car this morning, planning on going straight to the tyre shop tonight after work.

like a kid at christmas! ;)

Y 14RGE's. That looks the nuts mate as James has already said c17ljr. Think you wheel be very happy with them :)

okay, so got a mate to collect some tyres locally, 225/35/19s with decent tread at a very good price, got them & there actually 235s & 2 have damage to the bead so useless!

got set of 4 225/35/19 falkens 452s now, and will hopefully get them fitted tonight!

Lol!

There don't seem to be many decent offers out there on 225/235 19's at the mo :(

I'm sitting on a set of brand new ZZ3 Avon 225/35/19s.. were meant to wrap my Rotiform 19s but I have to sell them (wheels) at this rate I think the might end up on the car..

Look fwd to seeing the 'Bs' on your car..

well, got tyres on the bentleys last night, couldn't get them fitted as the tyre fitter said it wasn't safe to fit them

2a9fb618.jpg

so popped up to see dougie (Trix) as lunch time to get the use of his workshop, low jack & wood. massive thanks to dougie!

f1858a61.jpg

That looks lovely, i fancy a set for mine!!

:( Can't afford them though :(