Audi A4 Quattro Turbo

Dalegt

Reaction score
Website
www.boxfashion.co.uk
Hello, iam new to the forum :thumbsup:

I picked up my first Audi yesterday its a A4 1.8 20v Turbo Quattro, i have a few ideas for it like coilovers and some awesome rims but am sure after talking to a few of you ill have a longer list of mods :laugh:

Anyway some pics, 1st this is what ive come from and ill miss this little car loads, Seat Ibiza Cupra Turbo....

2010-09-12172052.jpg

New Toy

2010-10-10125101.jpg

2010-10-10124940-1.jpg

2010-10-10124902-1.jpg

2010-10-10124845-1.jpg

2010-10-10124831-1.jpg

2010-10-10124734-1.jpg

Comments ideas anything is more than welcome

Thanks
Dale

Nice clean and shouting out for some mod's. I bet you have a list of mod's as long as your arm, just like the rest of us.

welcome, we are all part of the small sports car owners club in our younger dayz, but there comes a time when we have to let go and get into mans cars gain a bit of respect from our fellow drivers on the road, Owning and driving an Audi does seem to be a bit more of a nicer edge to have, pulling up in an Audi has a different effect on others than the small sports car thats all suupped up, Enjoy your new ride!

welcome, we are all part of the small sports car owners club in our younger dayz, but there comes a time when we have to let go and get into mans cars gain a bit of respect from our fellow drivers on the road, Owning and driving an Audi does seem to be a bit more of a nicer edge to have, pulling up in an Audi has a different effect on others than the small sports car thats all suupped up, Enjoy your new ride!

Very true mate, am loving being a Audi owner :)

You should find all you need on this forum. I heard a little wisper that ASN may have won a little award again at last night's ADI bash .

You should find all you need on this forum. I heard a little wisper that ASN may have won a little award again at last night's ADI bash .

Thanks, ive come across some useful tips and ideas already :) sounds good for the forum but whats the ADI bash?? sorry if that seems dumb haha

Hey no problemo - it was the "Audi Driver International" show held last weekend at Castle Combe - an annual event which all members are welcome to attend - very worth while coming too!

If you go to the "Major Events" section of this forum there are loads of pictures and some videos for everyone to see.

Cheers

Chris

:sign_welcome:... A nice Base car to start with too!!
Im sure you already have in mind what you wanna do to your motor so we wont push you too far.:eyebrows:

What ides do you have for it then? what theme you going for?
....then we can elaborate!:cool:

Hey no problemo - it was the "Audi Driver International" show held last weekend at Castle Combe - an annual event which all members are welcome to attend - very worth while coming too!

If you go to the "Major Events" section of this forum there are loads of pictures and some videos for everyone to see.

Cheers

Chris

Sweet sounds a good day out, ill make my way over to the Major Events section for a look

:sign_welcome:... A nice Base car to start with too!!
Im sure you already have in mind what you wanna do to your motor so we wont push you too far.:eyebrows:

What ides do you have for it then? what theme you going for?
....then we can elaborate!:cool:

Thanks for the welcome mate, well i have been racking my brain about which way to go with wheels, i was thinking some sort of BBS style but then i keep swaying towards the oem style, what ever i get am thinking 19's with the A4 sitting on some coilovers :yum:

Thanks for the welcome mate, well i have been racking my brain about which way to go with wheels, i was thinking some sort of BBS style but then i keep swaying towards the oem style, what ever i get am thinking 19's with the A4 sitting on some coilovers :yum:

Unless you're only really going use it for Show'n'shine stuff, rather than actually driving it, you'd be better off sticking with 18's.... 19's can make it a bit "crashy" on the bumps... if you're changing the suspension anyway, I guess you can get dampers to compensate for that.

What is the rest of the spec? (SE / Sport)?

Just making sure that it definitely has "quattro" in the V5C? I'm just asking 'cos looks like it's been de-dadged front and rear already... It's also go the 2001 Sport alloys and the sport steering wheel, but I thought all/most of the 1.8TQ Sports were half-leather?

Too many sweeping generalisations, I know!!! Bear in mind that I thought all the early model (16" alloy) sports had Xenons as standard and I've been proven wrong on that...

Unless you're only really going use it for Show'n'shine stuff, rather than actually driving it, you'd be better off sticking with 18's.... 19's can make it a bit "crashy" on the bumps... if you're changing the suspension anyway, I guess you can get dampers to compensate for that.

I'm on 19's and no Crashy over bump's and on Eibach Suspension. I also have 18's and they both give the same ride, 18's have 40 profile tyre and 35 profile on the 19's. Dalegt stick the 19's on..

So you're agreeing with me? Needs new suspension with dampers to compensate for the extra unsprung weight.

19's can make it a bit "crashy" on the bumps... if you're changing the suspension anyway, I guess you can get dampers to compensate for that....

I'm on 19's and no Crashy over bump's and on Eibach Suspension.

All I know is I've been in an SE on 19's, was expecting a softer "SE" ride and was really unimpressed with it: my Quattro Sport is on OEM Sport suspension (I couldn't afford the extra insurance for non-standard suspension) and I have had it on 16's/18's (winter/summer), and it's is definitely a harsher ride on small bumps / potholes when on the 18's, even though 18's are still within OEM spec. There's no way I'd put my car on 19's without stumping up for the extra suspension.

i whent from 16 to 17 on my sport and it took me a few weeks to get used to it you really can fill the bumps more so i dont think id go to 19 myself

18 are still available as an OEM optional extra.... and the suspension is normally setup for that: 18's tend to be fine (noticeable, but still drivable).... as per my comments above: if you're changing the suspension anyway, then 19's become an option albeit still a debatable: if you spec/adjust the suspension accordingly, it will be firm firm, rather than crashy: most aftermarket suspension is firmer than OEM - in the past, I've had Eibach springs so solid it wouldn't matter what shocks you have, they only come into the equation for the rebound ;)

I bought my car with 18s as standard an replaced the suspension with AP's coilover's to go with the 19's the ride was same (not to firm not to soft) even when wound down. I'm now on Eibach shock's and spring's as the Ap's had started to make some funky sounding noises. If you are used to SE setup all well and good but i have never sat in a Audi SE or felt what SE suspension feel's like. I just like to go around corner's without sliding out of my seat. lol

What is the rest of the spec? (SE / Sport)?

Just making sure that it definitely has "quattro" in the V5C? I'm just asking 'cos looks like it's been de-dadged front and rear already... It's also go the 2001 Sport alloys and the sport steering wheel, but I thought all/most of the 1.8TQ Sports were half-leather?

Too many sweeping generalisations, I know!!! Bear in mind that I thought all the early model (16" alloy) sports had Xenons as standard and I've been proven wrong on that...

Its a Sport mate and 100% a Quattro :happy:

I havent made my mind up yet on wheel size but 19's are looking sweet to me....

mines a 190t quattro sport with standard suspension running 19'' rs6 alloys and i think the ride is spot on, no big bangs on the bumps and ive got this to replace my bora tdi sport with a full janspeed spring and shocker kit, that was a nice ride but very loud on the bumps, i drive the same roads and the a4 is much better and quieter! so just my opinion but get the 19's on mate!!

Dalegt. You know you need 19's in you life..

Am sure i will :eyebrows:

theres a couple of little bits that need to be done before wheels etc but they will be done, keep looking at Audi wheels but tempted for CH reps or LM reps???? can you get staggered reps??

Yes there are a few company's on ebay that do staggered LM's rep's.. I have 19" LM rep's 8.5" F/R and am more than happy.

DaleGt - you know its 19's mate. Theres always some who will say that 19's are too big, loof daft, stiff suspension will break your teeth bla bla :gaehn:... I went from 16" to 18" straight to 19" on my SPORT suspension and from 18's to 19's the drive reaaallly aint that bad at all, you get used to any little niggles you might get at first when getting used to the bigger wheels. So you coming from 17's then you will feel a difference but not that bad that you think "****, should have gone for 18's", you dont sound daft, you know what your after! Do it, get the Lm's on there aswell straight after the drop and colour code :applaus:

If you do want to stay OEM then I reckon a set of Mk1 RS4's would suit your silver...or are we going for a stealth theme :eyebrows:...

DaleGt - you know its 19's mate. Theres always some who will say that 19's are too big, loof daft, stiff suspension will break your teeth bla bla :gaehn:... I went from 16" to 18" straight to 19" on my SPORT suspension and from 18's to 19's the drive reaaallly aint that bad at all, you get used to any little niggles you might get at first when getting used to the bigger wheels. So you coming from 17's then you will feel a difference but not that bad that you think "****, should have gone for 18's", you dont sound daft, you know what your after! Do it, get the Lm's on there aswell straight after the drop and colour code :applaus:

If you do want to stay OEM then I reckon a set of Mk1 RS4's would suit your silver...or are we going for a stealth theme :eyebrows:...

Yer i was thinking about colour code but ive noticed some B6's with different bottom skirts front and rear?? can you buy these or replicas or is it a keep an eye on ebay job??

Yer i like the mk1 RS4's theres a avant on edition 38 with 20's on it looks awesome, am not too bothered on what scene it turns out to be aslong as i like it, but i do just like the simple clean subtle look :drool:

Guys hope you can help me, i have a forge dumpvalve to fit on my car but i am unsure were the 3mm silicone hose from the top of my dumpvalve is suposed to go??

And am i right saying the standard one doesnt have one of these pipes?? sorry for the questions i thought it was going to be the same as my old Ibiza Cupra but its not??

You will find the DV under the skid tray. Jack up the front of the car undo the skid try and you will see the oem dump valve..

LOL where did you think your Dv was.

haha well on my old Cupra the dumpvalve is located at the rear of the engine but at the top, so looking at the A4 engine the dumpvalve should be located at the left of the engine bay at the top due to the engine being sideways compared to my old Cupra haha, theres a round thing there between the air filter and the engine so i thought that must be it but i thought it didnt look right :laugh:

I can see your why now. Our dv's (1.8t) are at the bottom so buying a nice Bling,Bling DV is a wasted as you will not be able to see it.

little update for you lot, and i mean little :)

Little de-badge on the boot

Before
2010-11-07152249.jpg

After
2010-11-07160721-1.jpg

I was thinking of fitting some Quattro badges to the front and rear but not too sure now i like the clean look....

I think the quattro grille badges look really good. And I've left the quattro badge on the tailgate with just the rings - looks fine to me.