Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My vinyl wrapped S4 Avant *lots of pics!!*

1st Gear

Status

My vinyl wrapped S4 Avant *lots of pics!!*

As i'm near on completion of vinyl wrapping my S4 Avant I thought i'd post some pics up of the progress!

Always loved these in white having seen a few on a US forum so decided before even buying my S4 that I was going to wrap it! Its only the second full wrap i've done so quite excited to see the results (first one was my 350Z which I wrapped in Carbon). I'm very pleased with the results, i've had to redo a couple of the panels due to not being happy with them but now 99% is done. Ive also wrapped the roof bars, rear boot spoiler, blades and rear lower bumper in carbon and painted the chrome window surrounds in matt black. Just have the mirrors to wrap now!!

Some pics of progress.....

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Last edited by cfoster; 9th October 2010 at 15:21.

Neutral

Status
    WOW!! mate that looks awesome! personally love white cars and that looks great! where abouts are you in essex?? fancy doing my roof in a gloss black vinyl?? lol
    Mods: 17" Polished Audi TT Comps, Coilovers, Black leather bonnet bra, H.I.D Conversion, Matte Black front audi emblem, rear wiper/emblem delete

To Do: Matte Black Vinyled Roof, Facelift Headlights, 18"s or 19"s BBS/Euro!!

1st Gear

Status
    fair play,thats alot of work,top job mind..

4th Gear

Status
    That looks an incredible job!

I was watching an episode of wheeler dealers last night where they vinyl wrapped a mini in carbon.

I'm amazed it looks so good, how long did it take?
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

1st Gear

Status
    Aaron - thanks mate I'm based in Wickford, Essex but do a lot of my work in Basildon or Chelmsford (workshops). Dont mind doing your roof gloss black, email me on chris.foster@sc.com and we can chat, I am in the US until the end of the month though!

Tooks - ive done it bit by bit but I reckon it would be a good solid 4 / 5 days work with one person!

gonna getcha

Status
    somewhere where the the speed limit is over 150mph.
    looks rubbish!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cominatcha View Post
    looks rubbish!
    thanks!

2nd Gear

Status
    Mate i love this! You have done an amazing job on your own.

How much it cost? How easy is it to do? Im getting a second car and would be really intrested in wrapping it.

Cheers
    G.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    That looks sweet pal. Love the carbon touches. Fancy wrapping my Rs?
    Ive been thinking about having this done for a while now.

1st Gear

Status
    iyrix- thanks mate , cost wise the vinyl works out around 12.00 per metre in normal colours, matt and carbon go up to about 40.00 a metre (supplied). I think the going rate to wrap an Avant is around the 1200.00 mark. Its definitely not easy to do no, needs a lot of prep, patience and a decent working environment. I've been signwriting for 10 years now (doing normal digital print / vinyl stuff) so a little more advanced than most, but im still learning too!

J7USS - I could perhaps do it mate, wouldnt be 1200.00 but I obviously couldnt do it for nothing!

Chris

Audi fanatic

Status
    Nice would love todo my rear bumper top strip and my roof bars
    i would not have any chrome at all then .

2nd Gear

Status
    What a work of art, you have a super talent mate and you have made an awsome car some how look even better.

Jay

4th Gear

Status
    why dont people like you live in the midlands, id be pestering you tomorrow if i you lived a bit closer , Fantastic finnish on those panels from what the pics tell a real beauty.

1st Gear

Status
    Well done mate that looks immense White on any VAg car is a winner.
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

1st Gear

Status
    Ah Mr Foster, small world, I am from XRtwo, well back in the day, like 7 years ago haha! username Joe. more of a lurker over there now for past 4 years or so!!

On a seperate note, would love an S4, like what you have done to it, certainly prefer it to the carbon 350z you had. white is the future.
    2004 A4 Quattro 190 S-Line - Akoya Silver, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Full interior lighting pack. - Now sold... Gutted miss is already!

4th Gear

Status
    CFoster, that looks stunning, really impressive. Are you keeping the grilles chrome of wrapping those in carbon too?
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

1st Gear

Status
    Where can you get the vinyl from? I would want to try to wrap my car myself, is it like one of them 3m di-noc vinyls that you can use a hairdryer and it nicely sticks to the car without any bubbles? White cars do the job indeed!!

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for all the kind comments, it certainly does look different in white now!!

Joe - i remember you mate I go onto xrtwo.com occasionally but not as much as I used to!

marc1 - yes mate the chrome is going!! I'm doing the grills matt black as well and wrap the mirrors white probably (would like to do them carbon but the vinyl is thicker and very difficult getting around the angles!

MLody - 3M Di Nocs can be used (i used this with my carbon 350Z) but this vinyl is called Hexpress Cast from Hexis. It works the same way in that it doesnt bubble up though!!

Chris

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Cfoster - Yes mate obviously you gotta make it worth it to yourself. I may be interested still if I keep it but keep thinking about getting rid for a Misano red instead. I change my mind like the wind ...

2nd Gear

Status
    Lots of patience,,, And hard work ... Respect !

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoster View Post
    iyrix- thanks mate , cost wise the vinyl works out around 12.00 per metre in normal colours, matt and carbon go up to about 40.00 a metre (supplied). I think the going rate to wrap an Avant is around the 1200.00 mark. Its definitely not easy to do no, needs a lot of prep, patience and a decent working environment. I've been signwriting for 10 years now (doing normal digital print / vinyl stuff) so a little more advanced than most, but im still learning too!

J7USS - I could perhaps do it mate, wouldnt be 1200.00 but I obviously couldnt do it for nothing!

Chris
    Thanks for the info mate. Once i have my new toy i will be in touch! :D hehe
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

4th Gear

Status
    Looking forward to more

For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    but keep thinking about getting rid for a Misano red instead. I change my mind like the wind ...
    Really?

There was a Misano RS6 at ADI - sporting M155 ANO

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    Looking forward to more

+ 1. Looks great, when are you hoping to have it finished? And what would you expect the lifespan of the vinyl to be?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Vinyl is 7 year life so it will outlive me owning the car, or if I get bored with white I may wrap it another colour! (matt black maybe?!!).

Not sure when i'll finish, i'm working in the USA at the moment so unable to do anything until im back in the UK at the end of the month!!

1st Gear

Status
    7 year life... you'll of sold it in 2 months... you go through so many cars.

Hows your average mpg or miles to a tank in the beauty?
    2004 A4 Quattro 190 S-Line - Akoya Silver, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Full interior lighting pack. - Now sold... Gutted miss is already!

1st Gear

Status
    lol yeah i wont be keeping it 7 years! Want an SL500 merc next summer so will go then probably!! Handy for the mo though as i'm doing the kitchen so nice big boot!!

MPG is ummm, not great, not as good as the 350Z but better than my old lightning truck. Probably average around 18-20 but i only really do short runs in it! Imagine longer journeys it would be better! I've got a Milltek on there but its a resonated one so want to get the non-res pipes for it!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Really?

Yeah I really love the Misano RS4 (or the Noggy like Marc's) and sods law there wasnt many about when I was on the hunt!
    I nearly went ADI, wish I did now but something always gets in the way that turned out to be not so important after all. That plate on the Rs6 has gotta be worth something

Status

My Social Networking

Love the new sig mate!

Shame you didnt make it to ADI - CMD and I discussed your absence!

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    James i sure his ear's were ringing.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Awesome job man.

Any chance you could talk us through the typical steps on how to wrap a panel? Techniques and tools needed?

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    This whole vinyl thing makes me nervous, it seems like a good idea if you want a temp thing, but long term it just don't feel right, when you open the doors the old colour is still there and that just looks like its been cut n run, my other concern is the length of time before you need to re do it as the vinyl will only last so long before it starts to degrade and bubble and peel,

What are the costs involved in doing this to your car?

dont get me wrong, your S4 looks great and i tip my hat to you sir for a great job well done, I just have reservations on the subject, maybe you can advise me on my views?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Really?

That's Amanda's car from SRS.com / 246.com. Full decat milli and remap too, sounds wicked. Cracking plate too. Didn't realise you where at ADI James, was thinking about coming down but left it all a bit late. Next year perhaps...
    For Sale

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    oh right is that amandas Car then Marc yeah?? Is she loaded or what?(must be if she's filling the tank up everyday) cant work it out!

@James - cheers mate, had to change my sig so the new folk dont think im just a B5 nut poking my nose in the B6 department.lol....plus I miss the B6 too bigtime!!!
    Was looking over some pics of when I first got the blue one and how it ended up - Gutted!

....sorry for the slight hijack Cfoster!

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    That's Amanda's car from SRS.com / 246.com. Full decat milli and remap too, sounds wicked. Cracking plate too. Didn't realise you where at ADI James, was thinking about coming down but left it all a bit late. Next year perhaps...
    Yes someone else told me that too, I don't know her but she's a regular on several forums I think. I was there mate, but I go with the AOC rather than ASN so you'll never see my name in the list of attendees from here.

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Hey mate, brilliant job!

May I ask, how did you remove the rear diffuser (if you did)? I tried to remove mine, I undid the two screws folows by the two pin but it looks as though to go any further I would have to take the rear bumper off to unclip it - is it this difficult?!

1st Gear

Status
    Turkster - ill send a detailed reply later, off to the White House in Washington now (i kid you not!!).

Chris555 - i wrapped the diffuser on the car mate , the lower bit is joined to the bumper.

Chris

2nd Gear

Status
    May I ask, how did you remove the rear diffuser (if you did)? I tried to remove mine, I undid the two screws folows by the two pin but it looks as though to go any further I would have to take the rear bumper off to unclip it - is it this difficult?!

Hi CHRIS555,

I have taken the rear bumper of a few times now and i think its almost impossible to get the valance off without taking the the bumper off.

Jay

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    On my S4 rear on the B6 it was part of the bumper!no way of taking it off, sure they are like that on all S4 rear bumpers...
    Olliecox likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jolly14 View Post
    I have taken the rear bumper of a few times now and i think its almost impossible to get the valance off without taking the the bumper off.

Jay
    Jay correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have an S4 do you? Normal A4's have a two piece bumper, whereas it's a one piece unit on the S4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast