My vinyl wrapped S4 Avant *lots of pics!!*

cfoster

Reaction score
As i'm near on completion of vinyl wrapping my S4 Avant I thought i'd post some pics up of the progress!

Always loved these in white having seen a few on a US forum so decided before even buying my S4 that I was going to wrap it! Its only the second full wrap i've done so quite excited to see the results (first one was my 350Z which I wrapped in Carbon). I'm very pleased with the results, i've had to redo a couple of the panels due to not being happy with them but now 99% is done. Ive also wrapped the roof bars, rear boot spoiler, blades and rear lower bumper in carbon and painted the chrome window surrounds in matt black. Just have the mirrors to wrap now!!

Some pics of progress.....

audiwrap004.jpg

audiwrap001.jpg

audiwrap002.jpg

audiwrap003.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0070-1.jpg

audiwrap005.jpg

audiwrap006.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082-1.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

IMG_0084-1.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088-1.jpg

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0091-1.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102-1.jpg

IMG_0103-2.jpg

IMG_0104-2.jpg

IMG_0105-1.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

IMG_0107-1.jpg

IMG_0108-1.jpg

Chris :)

WOW!! mate that looks awesome! personally love white cars and that looks great! where abouts are you in essex?? fancy doing my roof in a gloss black vinyl?? lol

fair play,thats alot of work,top job mind..

That looks an incredible job! :)

I was watching an episode of wheeler dealers last night where they vinyl wrapped a mini in carbon.

I'm amazed it looks so good, how long did it take?

Aaron - thanks mate :) I'm based in Wickford, Essex but do a lot of my work in Basildon or Chelmsford (workshops). Dont mind doing your roof gloss black, email me on chris.foster@sc.com and we can chat, I am in the US until the end of the month though!

Tooks - ive done it bit by bit but I reckon it would be a good solid 4 / 5 days work with one person!

Mate i love this! You have done an amazing job on your own.

How much it cost? How easy is it to do? Im getting a second car and would be really intrested in wrapping it.

Cheers
G.

That looks sweet pal. Love the carbon touches. Fancy wrapping my Rs?:eyebrows:
Ive been thinking about having this done for a while now.

iyrix- thanks mate :), cost wise the vinyl works out around £12.00 per metre in normal colours, matt and carbon go up to about £40.00 a metre (supplied). I think the going rate to wrap an Avant is around the £1200.00 mark. Its definitely not easy to do no, needs a lot of prep, patience and a decent working environment. I've been signwriting for 10 years now (doing normal digital print / vinyl stuff) so a little more advanced than most, but im still learning too!

J7USS - I could perhaps do it mate, wouldnt be £1200.00 but I obviously couldnt do it for nothing!

Nice would love todo my rear bumper top strip and my roof bars
i would not have any chrome at all then .

What a work of art, you have a super talent mate and you have made an awsome car some how look even better.

Jay

why dont people like you live in the midlands, id be pestering you tomorrow if i you lived a bit closer :(, Fantastic finnish on those panels from what the pics tell a real beauty.

Ah Mr Foster, small world, I am from XRtwo, well back in the day, like 7 years ago haha! username Joe. more of a lurker over there now for past 4 years or so!!

On a seperate note, would love an S4, like what you have done to it, certainly prefer it to the carbon 350z you had. white is the future.

CFoster, that looks stunning, really impressive. Are you keeping the grilles chrome of wrapping those in carbon too?

Where can you get the vinyl from? I would want to try to wrap my car myself, is it like one of them 3m di-noc vinyls that you can use a hairdryer and it nicely sticks to the car without any bubbles? White cars do the job indeed!!

thanks for all the kind comments, it certainly does look different in white now!!

Joe - i remember you mate :) I go onto xrtwo.com occasionally but not as much as I used to!

marc1 - yes mate the chrome is going!! I'm doing the grills matt black as well and wrap the mirrors white probably (would like to do them carbon but the vinyl is thicker and very difficult getting around the angles!

MLody - 3M Di Nocs can be used (i used this with my carbon 350Z) but this vinyl is called Hexpress Cast from Hexis. It works the same way in that it doesnt bubble up though!!

Cfoster - Yes mate obviously you gotta make it worth it to yourself. I may be interested still if I keep it but keep thinking about getting rid for a Misano red instead. I change my mind like the wind :blush:...

iyrix- thanks mate :), cost wise the vinyl works out around £12.00 per metre in normal colours, matt and carbon go up to about £40.00 a metre (supplied). I think the going rate to wrap an Avant is around the £1200.00 mark. Its definitely not easy to do no, needs a lot of prep, patience and a decent working environment. I've been signwriting for 10 years now (doing normal digital print / vinyl stuff) so a little more advanced than most, but im still learning too!

J7USS - I could perhaps do it mate, wouldnt be £1200.00 but I obviously couldnt do it for nothing!

Thanks for the info mate. Once i have my new toy i will be in touch! :D hehe

Looking forward to more :sign_pics:

:drool:

but keep thinking about getting rid for a Misano red instead. I change my mind like the wind :blush:...

Really? :tapedshut:

There was a Misano RS6 at ADI - sporting M155 ANO :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more :sign_pics:

:drool:

+ 1. Looks great, when are you hoping to have it finished? And what would you expect the lifespan of the vinyl to be?

Vinyl is 7 year life so it will outlive me owning the car, or if I get bored with white I may wrap it another colour! (matt black maybe?!!).

Not sure when i'll finish, i'm working in the USA at the moment so unable to do anything until im back in the UK at the end of the month!!

7 year life... you'll of sold it in 2 months... you go through so many cars.

Hows your average mpg or miles to a tank in the beauty?

lol yeah i wont be keeping it 7 years! Want an SL500 merc next summer so will go then probably!! Handy for the mo though as i'm doing the kitchen so nice big boot!!

MPG is ummm, not great, not as good as the 350Z but better than my old lightning truck. Probably average around 18-20 but i only really do short runs in it! Imagine longer journeys it would be better! I've got a Milltek on there but its a resonated one so want to get the non-res pipes for it!

Yeah I really love the Misano RS4 (or the Noggy like Marc's) and sods law there wasnt many about when I was on the hunt! :think:
I nearly went ADI, wish I did now but something always gets in the way that turned out to be not so important after all. That plate on the Rs6 has gotta be worth something :cool:

Love the new sig mate!

Shame you didnt make it to ADI - CMD and I discussed your absence!

James i sure his ear's were ringing.

Awesome job man.

Any chance you could talk us through the typical steps on how to wrap a panel? Techniques and tools needed?

This whole vinyl thing makes me nervous, it seems like a good idea if you want a temp thing, but long term it just don't feel right, when you open the doors the old colour is still there and that just looks like its been cut n run, my other concern is the length of time before you need to re do it as the vinyl will only last so long before it starts to degrade and bubble and peel,

What are the costs involved in doing this to your car?

dont get me wrong, your S4 looks great and i tip my hat to you sir for a great job well done, I just have reservations on the subject, maybe you can advise me on my views?

That's Amanda's car from SRS.com / 246.com. Full decat milli and remap too, sounds wicked. Cracking plate too. Didn't realise you where at ADI James, was thinking about coming down but left it all a bit late. Next year perhaps...

oh right is that amandas Car then Marc yeah?? Is she loaded or what?(must be if she's filling the tank up everyday) cant work it out!:think:

@James - cheers mate, had to change my sig so the new folk dont think im just a B5 nut poking my nose in the B6 department.lol....plus I miss the B6 too bigtime!!!
Was looking over some pics of when I first got the blue one and how it ended up - Gutted!

:search:

....sorry for the slight hijack Cfoster!

That's Amanda's car from SRS.com / 246.com. Full decat milli and remap too, sounds wicked. Cracking plate too. Didn't realise you where at ADI James, was thinking about coming down but left it all a bit late. Next year perhaps...

Yes someone else told me that too, I don't know her but she's a regular on several forums I think. I was there mate, but I go with the AOC rather than ASN so you'll never see my name in the list of attendees from here.

Hey mate, brilliant job!

May I ask, how did you remove the rear diffuser (if you did)? I tried to remove mine, I undid the two screws folows by the two pin but it looks as though to go any further I would have to take the rear bumper off to unclip it - is it this difficult?!

Turkster - ill send a detailed reply later, off to the White House in Washington now (i kid you not!!).

Chris555 - i wrapped the diffuser on the car mate ;), the lower bit is joined to the bumper.

May I ask, how did you remove the rear diffuser (if you did)? I tried to remove mine, I undid the two screws folows by the two pin but it looks as though to go any further I would have to take the rear bumper off to unclip it - is it this difficult?!

Hi CHRIS555,

I have taken the rear bumper of a few times now and i think its almost impossible to get the valance off without taking the the bumper off.

Jay

On my S4 rear on the B6 it was part of the bumper!no way of taking it off, sure they are like that on all S4 rear bumpers...

Reactions: Olliecox
I have taken the rear bumper of a few times now and i think its almost impossible to get the valance off without taking the the bumper off.

Jay

Jay correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have an S4 do you? Normal A4's have a two piece bumper, whereas it's a one piece unit on the S4.