Hopefully First time Audi buyer

Red_Stafford

Reaction score
Hi all I am in a situation where I have to travel a 120 mile round trip to work every day so I need a new car I have been looking into either getting a BMW £320d Tourer or a A4 Avant estate I have a budget of about £2.5k-£3k max.

See below add I am going to view this car in the morning can you guys give me some info on this car such as the full spec.

bestcashprice.co.uk : Audi 1.9 TDi Avant Sport 130bhp - TRADE Price, Super Value

Welcome to the forum :)

Thats a fairly standard 1.9 TDi Sport, but there's nothing wrong with that! Its got xenons and a front armrest which are nice options. It looks fairly tidy from the pictures, but it does mention some bodywork marks "reflected in the price". Will be due a second cambelt change at that sort of miles I expect, which may give you some grounds to negotiate, in general I wouldn't let the mileage worry you.

Check the aircon, glovebox hinges and the wipers work ok, and that there's not water sitting in the bulkhead by the battery.

Will this car have a cruise control or is this an added extra ?

It 'probably' won't - can be added without too much trouble so don't let it sway you if the cars right.

I'm not too sure as it came on mine already - I think it depends on the slipring on the steering wheel etc, I'd take a guess at between £100 - 200 - hopefully someone will correct me if I'm far wrong.

all the parts are about £170 from the dealer. you only need a control module, lower trim and the stalk.

Ok guys I went to view the car earlier, it has a couple of dents and scratches and the paintwork is a bit dul, but we took it for a test drive and it drives so smooth so we left a deposit and we are picking it up Monday, I was wondering if you guys could advise on the best place to get the bodywork sorted and also is it worth getting the wheels refurbed or buying some different second hand wheels can you also advise of any over cheap mods I can do to improve the car ?

2113536-6.jpg

2113536-5.jpg

2113536-4.jpg

2113536-3.jpg

2113536-2.jpg

2113536-1.jpg

2113536-7.jpg

Congratulations let the spending commence!

I'm sure you pick up a set of 17" wheels fairly cheaply which will help the looks, as will silver mirror caps, aero wipers, HID's etc etc ;)