Painting Callipers - What Colour?

Also you mention looking it up online to see the difference between Sport and SE calipers, please could you post the link? I've had a (quick) search, but haven't found anything, either online, or in my A4 literature, which is quite comprehensive....! I have genuinely never heard of this before.

hi james im not saying my discs are bigger or my calipers im saying they are not the same as some iv seen on the tdi`s iv done the wheels on i.
if you look the pics my ones have a bar coming off of them towards the bolts of the wheels if you look at the others they have i anty scwill wier
looking thing i dont have this i have a think bar thing you no me james im not good at exsplaining things but if you look at cmd.s calipers on here i have them ones not sure about size being the same just the look of them

omg i did not say i found a web page i said try looking it up

I can't quote from my phone, but post 27 says "if you 2 care to look it up online it will tell you the calipers on the sports are not the same as the se, they bigger" - can you not post a link to where it says that? I'm not being funny mate, but am genuinely interested.

I'll need to look at a bigger screen later to see any differences then, I'm getting eye strain here! Any photo's of your calipers with the wheel off mate?

i thought i read it when i was looking for an audi in parkers mate but im thinking i read wrong or just about a bmw or merc as i was looking for all 3 cars so im probley wrong on that but this pic is the part im on about
IMG00179-20101010-1502.jpg

Hi
there just different makes ,
off the top of my head the ones with wires are ATE and yours are Lucas Girling
they are the same size discs just different makes i actually had Lucas girling on my sport stock set up until i upgraded but there not specific to sport models its just luck of the draw .

thanks paul must say its funny to me that audi dont put sport brakes on a car they call sport i no they are no faster but when i had my old vaxhalls vectra sri it was the sports model and it was things like seats stearing wheel boot spoiler and brakes the vaxhal cav gsi 2000 i had was
the same. that would be one of my other resons for thinking my brakes would be too as its a sport and off the top of my head its seats stering wheel and 20mm lower why would they not do the brakes as well

that< shane ireland! must be some sort of bloke with a stolen caravan and a car without tax. top of the mourning. do ya wanna any dusters.

Vaguely racist remark there,do you have a problem with me? this is the second less than helpful reply from this bad boy of comedy i've read in the last few days.Post reported!

Shane don't take any notice of his comment's. He has only posted 22 time's since 2006, just explain's it all.

Silver looks decent, red can look okay if done REALLY well, but only if you're after the boy-racer look... I thought lime green was reserved for the sports-Skoda's?

Personal choice: Black with little "S" / "S-line" embossing (cheap - off eBay!)... let's face it, THIS is the look you're actually after?

276.jpg

thanks paul must say its funny to me that audi dont put sport brakes on a car they call sport i no they are no faster but when i had my old vaxhalls vectra sri it was the sports model and it was things like seats stearing wheel boot spoiler and brakes the vaxhal cav gsi 2000 i had was
the same. that would be one of my other resons for thinking my brakes would be too as its a sport and off the top of my head its seats stering wheel and 20mm lower why would they not do the brakes as well

I think thats slightly different (although my Cavalier knowledge is restricted to the F and H plate 130bhp versions my old man had!) - the SRi and GSi were higher powered versions of the normal models, whereas with our A4's the Sports and the SE's are exactly the same power with principally (but not exclusively) cosmetic differences.

i see that now and see i was wrong about the audi . but i am not wrong about the cav as i had my gsi 2000 for over 6 years and the only part of that car that was made by vaxhal was the body as for the sri vectra it also had more than just a badge calling it a sport ie gear box seats bigger wheels and brakes

Last edited:
Gloss black looks great, unless you've got big brakes that's the best colour imo.

i see that now and see i was wrong about the audi

No problems mate - someone admitting they're wrong on a forum is a rare thing so all credit to you for that :thumbsup:

if im wrong im wrong just dont tell the misses i said that lol

if you look at mine and then the others you will see why im asking my ?

IMG_2205.jpg

DSC_09731.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol - thats my suspension and brakes!!!! I've not read all the thread but if it helps my brakes are on a A4 B6 Convertible 1.8T QUATTRO - the Quattro discs are bigger, from memory they are 312mm and a bit bigger than most A4 brakes on the B6 models

I'm painting my calipers gloss black soon along with the hubs as well.

hi mate i thought i had sport calipers as they are not the same as yours and i have a sport but i was wrong all thought mine are not the same stupid audi lol

hi mate i thought i had sport calipers as they are not the same as yours and i have a sport but i was wrong all thought mine are not the same stupid audi lol

I did have a 1.8T NON Quattro Convertible (Sport) and I'm sure it had the same calipers as yours. The Quattro models tend to have bigger brakes owing to their extra weight and 4WD i think

Silver looks decent, red can look okay if done REALLY well, but only if you're after the boy-racer look... I thought lime green was reserved for the sports-Skoda's?

Personal choice: Black with little "S" / "S-line" embossing (cheap - off eBay!)... let's face it, THIS is the look you're actually after?

276.jpg
I had this set up on my B5 S4 the price of the discs wasnt the only expense
the 8 pads per axle were over £200
fantastic brakes thou couldnt fault them and never faded them out but at 365mm they shouldnt in a hurry :)
IMG_1461.jpg