In Two Mind's

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm in two mind's about the alloy trim the run's along the back bumper (below the boot).Should i paint it satin black to match the front grill's or leave it alone.

what colour is your car mate if its red silver or any light colour id say black would look ok me i like the alloy my self

Find yourself a second chrome trim, then do it! That way if you don't like you can swap it back - I've done the same thing for my rear diffuser - or, although i'm not sure of this, you could go to a print / design shop and have it wrapped in some black memory film to see what it's like, then if you don't like it just pull the film off.....

or you can put some black electrical tape on it for a day or two to see if you like it this will give you the same look so you will no if its for you or not

Find yourself a second chrome trim, then do it! That way if you don't like you can swap it back - I've done the same thing for my rear diffuser - or, although i'm not sure of this, you could go to a print / design shop and have it wrapped in some black memory film to see what it's like, then if you don't like it just pull the film off.....

Chris i'm the same. I have bought spare top and lower grill's as i have painted one set satin black i also have a spare brushed alloy interior cabin trim (full set) also bought a used cam cover which has now had a make over for next summer. I was thinking of covering the rear alloy trim with satin black vinly.

You got any other 'chrome' on the car? I have the same on my car but no chrome pack or anything else like it so not sure what its supposed to tie in with, looks random to me??

No chrome on mine the only item's that are chrome are the front and rear ring's and the A4/ 1.8T badges all window trim's are black as standard.

I did mine Avus silver to match the wheels/mirrors/door rings etc, but that wouldn't really work for you.

How about wrapping it in CF to look a bit different?

Jame's i thought you struck gold. I was just about to hit the BUY IT Now button before i read the ad again this trim is for an Avant only (gutted)
But thank's James well spoted.

Nah it's my fault mate - I thought I had struck gold as for some reason I thought you had an Avant - dunno why :think:

The two aren't compatible - BTDT ...

I'm warming up to the idea of Satin Black vinly as it's easy on easy off.

Coll how is this strip removed bud? Not stuck on?

You need a small flat screwdriver and carefully starting one end prise it away from the bumper. Its a fiddle and very fragile, and there are LOTS of little tabs which break very easily!

Would it be possible to vinly wrap it whilst it's on the car.

I get nervous working on my own car.

James i have a shed load to do to my car ,the rear trim mod will be shelved if i run out of time..