Audi A4 1.8t (190) sline

Branko110220

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a peculiar problem i hope you can help me with. To start with there was a problem with my aircon. Every time I used aircon it would give this stange noise. I've had it checked and it turned out to be an aircon compressor. Replaced it ,but now when engine gets to it's operating tem. without aircon being on, there's a similar noise as before. Been to Audi and although they can hear it couldn't find what it is.
Can it be the new compressor cos i've heard there are two diferent types of compressors. It's driving me nuts!!

Some kind of buzzing noise. It's only obvious when engine is fully warmed up.

If the noise only does it when the aircon is ON - and not at all when it's OFF then by definition it can only be something to do with the compressor? The belt/clutch will of course spin all the time - I 'think' the clutch is electro magnetic so will only activate the compressor when the AC is on...... I'm not familiar with the 1.8T engine, how is the compressor driven?

This is the 1.8T drive belt - I guess it could be any of these pulleys/idlers causing the problem.

comp.jpg

Noise is actually more noticeable when aircon is off. When I turn the aircon on, it almost disappears, although is still there.