Power Loss

Widemonkeys

1st Gear
Reaction score
Hi im looking for some help from the diesel users. I have a 1.9TDI B6 Avant and im not sure if its running correctly. As long as im above 1500rpm it pulls really well but if im below that its very sluggish. For example if im going up a hill in 5th and need to speed up i have to change down to 3rd to get it to pull,but my mate has a 1.9 golf tdi and hers pulls great without changing.

Is that correct or could there be something wrong?

Cheers

id say that sounds about right mate you need to have the turbo kicking in for the power and it does that at about 1200 to 1500rpm and i feel 1st and 2nd gear in the audi tdis are not woth a crap mate i see far more pull in 3rd 4th and 5th.
and the a4 is alot bigger than a golf mate that say it would pull better in a higher gear

Cheers i was worried its the first diesel iv had and only had it a month so didnt know what was wrong. Its judt had the egr valve done about 3 months ago so thought it might have been something with that.

i think if there is some thing wrong it would show up on a vag scan mate but this is my fisrt tdi too and seems the same as yours if im wrong
some one will say so im sure ;-)

sure it is mate like i say mine is rubbish in 1st and ok ish in 2nd but love 3rd ;-)