saloon rear seats folding?

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
The 2003 saloon 1.8Sport i looked at today doesnt have rear folding seats, not something I hadn't realised until today. Is this the same on all saloons?

No as some have and some don't.. I know the 54 S-Line has a ski hatch, rear armrest folding and folding back seat's.

Very few saloons have them, was a little ticked option I think.

The B6's I had never had rear folding seats either. ****** me off when I could have done with them but havnt seen many with folding seats to be honest. Tight **** Audi...

My 2003 B6 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport has the whole armrest & folding seat thing going on.....wouldn't have bought the car otherwise tbh :thumbsup:.

Has anybody retrofitted folding rear seats?

I can't decide if they are a plus or not to be honest, as the boots a bit more secure with non folders, but it would be useful for loads etc.

Not sure how you'd retrofit it when theres a big metal sheet there?

Not sure how you'd retrofit it when theres a big metal sheet there?

Oh yeah, so there is! :faint::blush:

I'd always assumed that as it was carpeted, there was just nothing behind it but the seat backs or something.

Still, I guess it must be possible to do it with a bit of cutting action! If it was an option to tick. I can't imagine there would be two different body shells depending on whether you specified folding seats or not? But then again, knowing Audi there probably is!

But, seeing what some folks can do on here, a bit of sheet metal wouldn't get in the way! :sm4:

I guess it explains why Google throws nothing up though...