last minute buying advice

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
After a long search a several viweings I have found an A4 that floats my boat. Originally i wanted an avant but found saloon in Atlas Grey, (first time I have seen this colour. grey with a kind of green/gold in there) Votex kit, 1.8T, 79k FASH, not a mark on it. Checked the usual,oil condition, shut lines, leaks, tyres, suspension noises( may need a suspension bush? dont know what they are like on price?) seems pretty dang good. Anything else I should be aware of or check again (its a 2003)
All advice greatly appreciated,
Ta

Cambelt will need doing if it hasn't been done, and does the aircon work ok?

As it's the 1.8T I'd be checking what service regime it's been on (avoid longlife!) and would probably bargain £20-300 off for an oil change and flush, and new oil pick up in the sump.

Cambelt done recently and aircon works fine. Just feeling cautious as its a lot of money for me and will be the most I have paid for a car. I currently have a 1.8T 20v Passat thats been mapped, know the 1.8 lump reasonably well.

I've just bought a 2002 1.8T

Cars of this age (7 - 10 years) are going to show some signs of wear and tear.

Just listen to the engine (is it quiet, rough, rattley) is the gearbox nice and crisp (any crunching etc)

Check for oil leaks etc etc.

I'm still getting used to mine. It's been losing boost, but with a little advice from the guys on here it's sorted in less than 2 hours.....