Aircon Issues

bench33

Reaction score
Hi,

Seem to have a problem with my aircon - it blows cold when on low, but is very warm when at all other temperatures including 18 (the one just above low).

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be ?

Thanks very much

are you just saying the aircon is crap james lol i must say it is the only part of my audi i hate and think is rubish

Yeh the aircon is crap lol. Its not totally crap, in that it will blow cold on LO, but at anything above that, ie if the suns out on a cold day but the car is warm it wont - its almost as though Audi's 18C is 5C warmer than everyone elses!

I'll have to agree too, mine seemed to get colder on manual LO instead of Auto though ? WTF.

When we had really hot days this summer it just couldn't handle it.

My company Focus Estate has excellent AC. Takes about a couple of mins to get freezing. A little longer when it's Really hot outside obviously.

Tut tut Audi... About the one of the only things I don't like on my B6 Avant!

wow i came onto the site this evening to check up on this very issue! very disappointed in the aircon in my B6 A4! the climate control in my old bora was head and shoulders above it.

Could it be linked to a faulty temp sensor? i.e the car doesn't know what outside temp is so just blows hot air on anything other than 'lo'

Its a joke!

mine works fine in that way but the aircon just dont come on think its the compresor ;-( and my heater flaps just go nuts all the time
moving about evan when key is out for about 60secs after its off

It needs regassing fairly often, at least every 2 years. I had mine done, it had about half the required gas in it. Got it cleaned and topped up. Works nice and cold now just like its supposed to.

yes no problem with working cold with mine,when its on low its cooler than a penguins ****,but click up once notch to 18 degrees and it gets warm (feels more like 22)

yes no problem with working cold with mine,when its on low its cooler than a penguins ****,but click up once notch to 18 degrees and it gets warm (feels more like 22)

Thats the problem I was trying to get across, cold air isn't a problem, cool air is.