My Dolphin Avant

Allen

Reaction score
After one week of owner ship im very pleased with it.

Have removed the rear badges, tow bar and "surfer dude" stickers all over the windows.

Wheels have been sprayed Dolphin inside. Looks nice

Wheel spacer, tints and HID's to follow soon

Enjoy...

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

hi mate im liking that one week and your happy a iv had mine just over a year now and yet i still love to drive it and feel like the day i got it sad i no but they really are grate cars to drive

Allen vant is looking gooood. I like the two tone on the wheel's

Cheers guys. I thought buying this car would stop me modifying but seems it's only just begun...

ha thats funny i stop doing things to my cars when i was around 25 when i got my audi its all started up again at 36 lol

Nice, I like that avant. You can always find something to modify on a car, we have just bought an allroad & I'm already arranging a window tint job & a remap next. When I bought my Range Rover classic I thought I won't have to do much to it & still haven't stopped three years later & I'm 34. As you get older you just modify in a different & more tasteful way.

1.9 TDi sport.

Windows being tinted right now. Just trying to work out which wheel spacers to get at the moment.

Will post more/better pics once done

Remove your number plates for your own protection. :)

Dont car's look so much smart with no badges! also keeps people on their toes! :)

Yeah don't that and saved but they haven't changed?...

Then you'll have to delete the originals, and rehost the edited versions in a later post, thats the only way round it I can think of.

Or ask the mods if they'll allow you to edit your original post if thats possible...

Cheers guys. I thought buying this car would stop me modifying but seems it's only just begun...

Looks soooooo nice mate did you do the black around the windows if so how?

Jay

Check the file location name & pic name on the post no.1 by right clicking a pic & selecting properties & compare the url to the url of the edited versions, if not the same you have your answer.

They where already black. Prefere them, looks nice with the tints now

Remove your number plates for your own protection. :)

I never quite understood this. What's the difference in someone seeing your reg plate online or seeing it as you drive past? What exactly can they do with it other than put a fake plate with your reg on their car?

Beautiful car by the way. At least you already have the s-line kit so that will save you having to those mods :yes:

I never have before on other forums? Suppose f someone really wanted to they could find out your address from it thus knowing where the car is kept?

Car is bit dirty again now (by my standards anyway) so will do more pics on weekend.

I paid £150 for all windows apart from front done at 15%

Also... Think I need to stop using this site on my iPhone. Predictive text has made it seem like I can speak properly...

Mine looked pretty tinted any way.

My mate got pulled for his front tints yet again last week so I cant be bothered with the hassle. Now the back is dark its made the front look darker still yet still factory so they cant do anything about it

I know the coppers do crack down on front window tints so I always go for the really light tint on the fronts to avoid any grief. I can understand the coppers having a problem with say limo black on the door glass but they do go overboard on some of the lighter tints.

Bottom line is the factory tint is usually the legal max or very close to it. For the front windows that is. Mine are done at 15% on all the rears, looks much better.

Matt

I was reading up on window tint laws before I done me and found this...

"The law states that the windscreen and both front side windows must allow 70% light transmission.
if you drive a modern car chances are that your front glass measures 65-68% straight from the showroom!!"

"Although the police state 70%, the ministry of transport (who are the geezers with the light testing kits) should only issue an advisory if the glass reads 45% or lighter, but then if youre stopped by the feds for tints it doesnt matter if youve got tints above 45% or not, the law is 70%."

Last comment is all abit up in the air if you ask me...

I actually got stopped in my 7 series in the early hours of the morning a while back, I had 50% all round with 35% on the back window. The copper tested the front door glass & said that it was over the limit as it only let in 50% light instead of the 70% it should have. I asked him to use a little discretion which he did & let me go, saying that if the front door glass was any darker he would have slapped a prohibition notice on my car until the tints were removed but as it was only 50% he said that it was acceptable. He had slapped one on a car the night before with 35% on his front windows.

I make sure that I only have 50% on the door glass form now on to be sure, even though it is still over the limit, they seem to be ok with it (touch wood). I think they are really only targeting people with really dark tints & when they can't see in the car. It all stems from the drive by shootings that have happened over the years using cars with dark tints. What kicked it all off was a drive by in Birmingham on New years eve years back when some young girls got shot by mistake. It was all over the news at the time & it was mentioned that the car used was all blacked out. I had a friend in the tinting business for years & he along with other tinters at the time was told, that was the reason for the crack down on dark tints.

Surely it's about visibility too though? There aren't many drive bys in more remote parts of the UK but the police still enforce the same rules.

The police never used to enforce the window tints years ago, you could have what you want fitted but they didn't like it. Visibility is a small part of it, as having 5% on your side windows is a little too dark, I used to roll with 5% all round & 12% on the windscreen & on country roads at night you couldn't see sign posts that well out the side windows but wasn't that bad to be honest. Maybe if your 50+ with bad eye sight but I was only 18/19 at the time.

It was one copper from what I got told, he got on one about the whole dark window tinting thing after the shootings & started studying the window tinting law to bring about the current situation we have now. Lets face it having 35% on your front door glass is no problem, you would have to be blind not to be able to see out of that & if that's truly what the Police are saying then majority of people shouldn't be driving at all with eye sight that bad.

It's all about control & the fact that they want to be able to see who's driving that car. Lot's of, lets say less than desirable people had there windows extremely dark, people with no driving license, criminals etc. I used to know of a group who would drive around, three of them with no licence with only one holding a driving licence. When they would get pulled over they would quickly swap seats & coppers couldn't prove who was driving as they couldn't see. Nearly every person I knew in the underworld had dark tints & then some, so the Police just wanted a way to stop it & that's the situation we have now.