HEADLIGHT LIGHT LEVELING HELP!!!!

fericsson

Reaction score
I GOT A HID KIT FITTED THIS EVENING ALL IS WELL EXCEPT NOW THE AUTO LEVELING NOW DOES NOT WORK ON PASSENGER SIDE LIGHT.
SOME TIMES IT DOES AND MY PASSENGER SIDE IS OUT OF LINE DRIVERS SIDE WORKS FINE CAN I ADJUST MANUALLY AND IF SO HOW?

Welcome to the forum.
No need to shout [CAPS LOCK] is the key on the left of your keyboard - you might want to disengage it!

Auto-levelling of headlights you mean you have a 0/1/2/3 rotary switch next to your headlight switch?
If yes this is the Adjustable headlight levelling system on some models originally with Halogen lights.
You can adjust the headlight levels and orientation with the nylon grub screws on top of the headlights however you need to take it to a garage where they can be set-up correctly - any MOT test station will have one.

It could be that the passenger side (n/s) motor has been dislodged from it's mounting or there is something stopping the internal adjustment frame moving up and down - take the headlight off and have a look inside the headlight. Perhaps the HID fitter should be doing this, you say "...got a HID kit fitted...."? Have a check that the wires ore not broken to the motor also.

thanks very helpfull and im talking in normal tone now!

Last edited:
yes i have the rotary switch,wires seem to be ok somtimes it adjusts be moves slowly sometimes will get it looked at tomorrow thanks for your help

maybe just a lazy motor on that light mate if it moves but slow ;-)