Quattro Sport Wheel Colour

Avant4me

The're Graphite not black!!
Reaction score
I going to be getting my wheels powder coated. i have weighed up getting a set Avus wheels, but they are unlikely to be in A1 condition, so would need a refurb so might just as well get mine done. I have a Aluminium Silver metallic Avant with the full Quattro Sport bodykit. Trouble is i am torn between getting the wheels done in black or gun metal grey.

I was hoping to post a pic of my car in profile for you to look at, but i seem to be unable to post photos on here. Any thoughts?

Matt
AETV99104273_1b.jpg

Posting pics is relatively straightforward, there's a sticky in the General Chat section I think. Upload them to Photobucket (or similar) and then copy and paste the IMG tag under each image into your post.

Personally Black is out, but I think gunmetal grey would look great on your silver car!

I have to confess I'm not a fan of dark coloured wheels of any sort. Too often, they give the impression of looking dirty.

Having reread your OP I'm a bit confused.... are you getting a set of Avus's or refurbing your 17" existing wheels?

Both will suit, if it was me on a silver though I say Gunmetal...BUT if you want to go darker then go Matt Black, not gloss :yum:

I have a similar Avant QS to yours - in 'Light silver metallic' - paint code LY7W.
IMHO, I would go for Gunmetal. Black will, as has been said, look 'dirty'.
Gunmetal, on the other hand, will look cool.

You maybe lucky there is a few avus wheels about in good condition
i only bought mine a couple of months ago brand new and genuine date stamped 05 off ebay
so there about
i was looking for about 6 months but all good things come to those who wait .