Rear valance fitting

jolly14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just took the rear bumper and valance off an a4 AVANT and back on again in just over an hour, it's just a shame that i had to put the old valance back on as audi sent us one for a SALOON (their mistake) which i had sprayed:banghead:, should they be responsable for a new replacement + spraying + fitting or is this asking to much from them, just really p155ed off with them as i took the day off to do this (the valance is a twin exit).

Thanks jay

Wow i was not expecting that, had a phone call this afternoon from audi saying that they had got the correct valance in and will also get it sprayed up and will also see about fitting it. Well done audi.

Jolly

Fair play to Audi, thats pretty decent of them! I wasn't expecting them to pay for the spraying (although they should have done!)

I wonder if i could get a new v10 engine out of them for my heartache and inconvenience lol.

Jay

Thumbs up to Audi for sorting this out for you.

Can I ask what the differences were between the two valances then and why the saloon one wouldn't fit? I have a Votex rear that I want to sell for an Avant and have had a few people ask me if it will fit a saloon. I say it won't but I don't know for sure why it doesn't.

One of them is longer from the rear wheel arch to the corner of the valance (I can't remember which).

Your right quattrojames, the saloon valance is about 25mm longer each side than the avant.

Jay