wheel and suspension spring questions on my a4 avant se 2litre

millwrx

Reaction score
found out tonight that my back springs are brokern on the pig tails,was going to replace with standerd springs but i think i may go for a set of 30/35mm lowered ones,what is a good set to go for,been looking at the jamex ones,£95 delivered,dont want to spent the earth on coilovers or replacing the shocks to as is only a 2litre and my run round car,it has fitted a set of 18"audi wheels at the moment(9 spoke ones with the round centre plastic cap)which are 18"x8j with a offset of 41,running 225/40/18,now i have just brought a secondhand set of 19" non genuine rs4 alloys for it which are 19"x8.5j with a offset of 45,tryed one on the front and back without a tyre fitted and they do sit quite far in ,close to the suspension arm on the front and to the inner wheel arch liner on the back pretty sure the only tyre i will be able to fit is a 225/35/19,do you lot think they will be ok to fit or would it be best to get some wheel spacers,they do seem to sit more in than the 18"s
cheers

You'll be able to fit 235mm width tyres on 19" alloys, as that's what I have on my Quattro Sport (lowered from non-sport models) and clearance is not an issue.

P.S. Personally I wouldn't touch Jamex springs with a bargepole (really stiff and crashy from what I've heard), perhaps look at Eibach as these were good on my two previous VAG cars?

Eibach are the boy's, you will be fine with the offset's on both the 18's and 19's..

cheers,just trying to price up the springs,just that that the 19" do seem to sit more inwards,so eibach are the ones to go for then,

When i run my 19's i stick 15mm spacer's on the rear's and 10mm up front. I do this not because they rub it's that i like running them with a bit of poke..

IMG_2177.jpg

cheers for that,that looks really good in the pic,ordered a set of eibach today from dpmperformance,just got to fit them now which doesnt look to hard,also are the cambers adjustable on the front and back

When i run my 19's i stick 15mm spacer's on the rear's and 10mm up front. I do this not because they rub it's that i like running them with a bit of poke..

IMG_2177.jpg

also what size rims/offset as the ones i will be using are 19" 8.5j with a offset off 45.

19x8.5 offset 44. No need to adjust the camber, but i would recommend that you have 4 wheel alignment (not lazer tracking) after fitting the new suspension. Are you going for spring's and shock's..

hi,no just the springs,30mm drop eibach pro,the shocks look in good condition,didnt want the ride to be too harsh,had a quick look tonight to see if the camber is adjustable which it doesnt seem to be,i can do the tracking myself at work,like i said this is my everyday car as my toy is my subaru impreza which runs 400bhp,but due to the cost of petrol and the way the impreza drinks it the audi is better for my pocket,lol.

cheers,one other thing,the wheel spacers,what make are the best ones to go for or doesnt it matter as long as you get hold of a set for the a4,are they 5/112 or 5/100??anyones with the diameter of 57.1?also radius or cone seated bolts,

5x 112 is spot on 57.1 cb, just make sure the spacer's you buy are hub centric, bolt's should come with the spacer's. I'm on FK spacer's.

cheers,i see there's alot on ebay,can i ask where you got yours from,just trying to find the best price,

You can try Awesome Gti, Venom motor motorsport's, and like you have stated ebay.

hi,no just the springs,30mm drop eibach pro,the shocks look in good condition,didnt want the ride to be too harsh,had a quick look tonight to see if the camber is adjustable which it doesnt seem to be
rear camber is adjustable front isnt ,
but theres no need to adjust it just get the tracking checked when its done and dont forget to reset the bushes allround .

found out tonight the back end is adjustable,front tomorrow night i think,need to get a anti roll bar drop link too as the ones shot

fitted the fronts tonight,really easy to do,quicker than the rear,car seems to handle well,would not want to have gone any lower on the standared shocks,just need to refurb the wheels now,got two 225/35/19 avons today just need to get two more now,

Great stuff. Will/have you taken pic's before and after fitting.

ordered my 10mm and 15mm spacers,will try and get some pics up