Flap?

when all the sun visors are down and there is the cap in the middle when the sun pops throught it comes in handy all thought iv got a dark blue tint at the top of my window so may help more

If that's right it's rubbish and doesn't work

Its very rare you need it, but when I drive to work some mornings on one stretch of road I'm driving straight into the sun, it sits midway between the two visors and that little flap is invaluable.

works for me too
i leave it down all the time no reason not too :)

it should be used when you have the interior light on so you don't dazzle other road users

it should be used when you have the interior light on so you don't dazzle other road users

I had a feeling it was for something along these lines as I'm sure it got raised in the Mk4 Golf forum too. I think it was mentioned that it stops glare in your rear view mirror when the interior light is on.

so how dose that work as its infront of the lights and if you use them when driving you should use the map light not the full set all though iv never used mine in the year or so iv had my car ;-)

I think it just stops the light from the interior light (if you have the full set on) from shining on the face of the rear view mirror. It used to work in the Golf but cant say Ive even tried it in the Audi

i stand by it being to stop sun not interior lights just think of telling the police i crashed as the guy coming towards me had his interior lights on full beem and they hit me straight in the eyes and i could not see a thing lmao :busted_cop:

Last edited: