A4 Service Costs

I

imported_andyA4

Hi All,

I am new to this site and reasonably new to Audi. 3 months ago I purchased a 6 month old 1.8T Quattro S-Line Saloon. It's now done approaching 14k miles and in need of its first service. I was under the impression that this is equivalent to an "oil service".

Been quoted £280 and they only need the morning to complete it. Now that seems a bit steep to me..... my previous car (E46 M3) cost £150 for an Oil service???

Interested in your feedback!!

Hi Andy i just had the first service on my A4 2.0 Sport and it cost me £360 ....most of that is Audi labour costs. so think your getting a deal at your price.

sorry adding to that i did have a brake fluid change done too. So i think it would of been about the same price or a little over what you have been quoted. I asked them what exactly they did other than the filter and oil change and they said ...just checks and we fill up your water reseviour too.....i though yeah with what Evian sparkling...lol

Just had 1st service went 17,200 on variable. £272 @ Vindis Audi Huntingdon, negotiated a price of £200 by phone, but they fitted wipers (after calling me) but didn't expect £56 fitted!!!!!!!!!!!! can't work ou where the other £16 went. Going topop in ans ask.

What did they charge you for wipers???? New wiper blade is about £14 quid sounds like they charged you double bubble mate!!!!

£32for blades and £17 to fit. My own fault should have known better than agree over phone without a price, but assumed they wouldn't take the [censored].
I think it was to get their money back from the discount on the service.

But i did get a duster left in the car printed "Vindis Audi" what more could i ask

Unlucky mate sorry to hear you have been ripped off by Audi they really do need to sort their prices out. Glad i know a Audi technician who can do non warranty stuff on the cheap. What [censored] me off is that the money they charge for their Top Class Audi Technicians well the techies hardly see any of that money. Well at least you got the duster for compensation...lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
What [censored] me off is that the money they charge for their Top Class Audi Technicians well the techies hardly see any of that money. Well at least you got the duster for compensation...lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Im with U my local dealer charges £70 per hour and i bet the tecki doesnt get £20 of that! i just got car back from getting 2 mirrors,2 wheel bearings,2track rod ends and had to get the steering alined total=£680!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

OUCH that has to sting the wallet!!!! My advice is to try and source a good Audi techi in your area and use him. He will almost half what the dealerships charge...for example my guy charged me 90 quid for new front pads and to fit them and Dealership quoted me 150 quid. Thats a hell of a difference for 30 mins work. If more people did this Audi would have to consider a more reasonable rate for their customers!

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
Unlucky mate sorry to hear you have been ripped off by Audi they really do need to sort their prices out. Glad i know a Audi technician who can do non warranty stuff on the cheap. What [censored] me off is that the money they charge for their Top Class Audi Technicians well the techies hardly see any of that money. Well at least you got the duster for compensation...lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

where abouts is your mechanic based?

I took my father's A4 1.8T in for a brake fluid change c. 2 months ago at Links Audi Macclesfield. It cost £56 v £85 quoted at Blackburn Audi.

Service turned out to be £250. Got a crappy photocopied printout of a service checklist (as opposed to the decent BMW ones), and got the bonus of watching the techies ragging customer cars round the car park......

Seeing as they didn't start on the car until gone 8.30 and they told me it was finished at 11.00 it's a con. And they can't wash a car to save their lives.....so overall I'm really impressed with Audi ownership. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Picked up my A4 2.5tdi after its variable service today (27K) and was charged £305. Car was ready as promised, but has being said before the standard of the car wash was very poor.

Still love the car though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Guys,

I had my 1st AVS Service yesterday at SKF Bolton after 17600 miles

£265 which included new wiper blades (£22 plus VAT) ... which I thought was reasonable.

Also carried out an AIR CON disinfectant clean under warranty.

I was happy with the service and they rang me before fitting the blades. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks to this forum I avoided to Wiper scam, When it went in they asked if i wanted to tick a box authorising any work from £50-200 but i chose not to and low an behold they called me and said i needed new wipers, £27 ex vat + fitting not disclosed?? Of course i said I'll get them later and avoided the cost.
The total bill for the AVS was £282 and all i got was a basic oil change/fuel filter/oil filter etc..
But its in my service book and thats why i paid that much.

regards

Jonathon

This is a real eye opener, I must have been lucky or just picked a quality Audi dealership. My recent 1st service only cost £200 all in. They didn't even mention wipers or any other extras. The car was very well washed and the price included delivering the car back to my office. My last Audi A4 was also looked after by Robinsons and after 90,000 miles not a single complaint. C'mon guys move to Norwich.

Just got my A4 1.9TDI serviced on variable service interval by Parklands in Gloucester. Went in with 27k on it, ESP faults & glow plug flashing!

Total cost for service was £311, but that included correcting ESP & glow plug fault which was down to both rear brake bulbs having blown!

They also tried the wiper trick, didn't get as far as price, just told 'em (given it was raining) that I hadn't found anything wrong with the wipers on the way in!. Guess it would have been another £50 for those if I had have said yes.

I waited while it was done, so easier to say no.

Nice coffee, (better than BMW!!) and they gave me a desk to work on my laptop while I waited!

yes my VW van has the same diagnostic, when both bulbs blow the glow plug light flashes, only flashes when you havent touched the brakes for a couple of minuites, as soon as you touch the brake pedal the flashing stops.

This only applies I think if you havent got DIS

I have also been told to stock up on rear tail/brake light bulbs as they blow quite often, altho there easy enough to change, it is a common problem.

Hi there anybody who is reading this i am currently talking to audi about major conserns i have read on this site over, poor workmanship, delay in service, costs involved in service, and AVS!

I will be putting up a post on which i would like any one to reply on with details of any of the above to which anyone has a consern over- and i will be passing a copy onto audi uk!! thanks and sorry to jump in the middle of a conversation!

see post in dealer discussion

thanks Mr Mc

mikea2b

For the service it was basically an oil change, fuel filter.

Labour cost mounted to £152.00

A4 2.5tdi