Clutch Judder

jerryhigby

Reaction score
Hi

I have Audi A4 2.5TDI avant, I bought it new last December from a UK dealer. For about the last month the clutch has been juddering when pulling away when cold ( only for about the first few minutes of the journey, the car is then fine for the rest of the day even if it has been standing for over 5 hours). The car has only covered 8,800 miles. I took it to Southampton Audi who stripped the clutch and told me I had been slipping or riding the clutch and over heated the flywheel which had put a high spot on it!! So therefore my fault and not covered by warranty..

I pointed out to the that I had a S4 prior to this which when I sold it, it had 71,000 miles on the clock with the original clutch - no joy. Phoned Audi UK, they also said it was my fault and that I would have to pay £800 for the replacement parts, Southampton Audi and Adui UK would pay the labour of £550. I have made it quite clear to them that I am not going to pay for the repair of what I consider to be a fault with the car not my driving style.

I have been looking on ther internet and there seeems to be some history of VAG cars having the same type of problem which seems to be connected to the dual mass flywheel.

Can you give me any pointers in how to proceed with this, Southampton Audi have told me I can collect the parts and have them independantly tested.

Any advise would be appreciated.

My 8 month old quattro s-line 1.8T does the same.....

My 04 s-line does the same but just for the first few seconds then all is ok, only does it in the morning, espec if cold and damp, car booked in to dealer for jan so will see what they have to say, has done 10500 miles, bought it as an ex demo with 9500 miles so may have been abused when demo, will post in jan after car has been to dealer.

Mine does it as well. Only after sitting overnight on the drive, usually when it colder and damp. Judders out of the drive and at the first junction, then is fine. Only covered about 7000 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just got car back from dealer, nothing was done to car their explanation is that the esp does a self test when you first start the car from cold, not sure how accurate this is dealer did let me try another a4 with only 2k miles which had been sitting on forecourt and was exactly the same, judders for a couple of seconds then all is fine, can only accept the expalnation as problems never occur later in the day, any thoughts on this anybody?