new car

craigszxtt

Reaction score
hi i'm new to the forum and am looking to buy an a4 avant.i've seen 2 which seem ok but cant choose which one would be best.any help or advice would be greatfull the first one which i would get lpg converted 2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro sport avant GMBH KIT & LEATHER on eBay (end time 06-Sep-10 16:36:59 BST)
and the second one Audi A4 2.5TDI Avant Tiptronic GMBH S-Line on eBay (end time 29-Aug-10 22:28:02 BST) both look really nice and i will be viewing somtime next week.any pointers as to what to look out for would be really helpfull

i dont no any thing about the 2.5 or the 3.0 but i can say id go for the black one as its nicer plus with the spear cash you would have left over you can play with it too

hi
i wouldnt have the tiptronic not my thing and could be trouble also its a Votex kit not an sline kit not that votex are bad ,
me it would be the black one manual and also with a Votex kit
both sellers dont know the specs of there car body kit wise at least so they both need grilling on other details to make sure before money changes hands .

hmmm..... I'd go for the 2.5TDI, but probably NOT that one....

Owner is clueless.... that TDI is DEFINTELY NOT AN S-LINE!!!

"GMBH" is meaningless as a desctiption.... "Quattro GmbH" is the original name for S-Line before it could be specified as a factory-fitted Audi part.

"Votex GmbH" is the kits that those cars have fitted. They are one of the better non-Audi kits and could be dealer-fitted, but they were never factory fitted.

As per Paul's comment: those owners don't know their cars at all. I'd be concerned.

or maybe they do no there cars and are just playing stupid and are hiding some thing

As per Paul's comment: those owners don't know their cars at all. I'd be concerned.

That in itself isn't necessarily something to be concerned about, and may well work in your favour as long as YOU know your cars.

A4 Avants are not rare cars, so decide what you want (petrol or diesel - man/auto - even colour) and in time you WILL find what you're looking for.

...may well work in your favour as long as YOU know your cars.

v true - I was thinking about that afterwards and thought (a) it'll put off a lot of enthusiasts and (b) you can use it as a negotiating point and explain that although you can get those kits fitted by Audi, they're stick on extra's, NOT factory fitted.

Also - kick up a fuss when the log book doesn't say "S-Line" as he's advertising.... or walk away v briskly if it does!!!!! (it means it's a fake V5C!)

i'm a little confused.what does the sline model have that the sport does'nt.also i like the black one but am put off by the ugly gmb phone prep thats stuck on the dash.the red one also has the satnav which i'd want and has better mpg.

An S-line is a late model Sport with very specific factory fitted S-Line body kits - the ones you identified were retro-fitted Votex body kits.

I THINK the proper S-Lines were only available in 1.8T's for the B6's....

The late model Sport's are very, very similar* to the S-Line's, but they're still not actually S-Lines.... so prices should be taken from the Sport: the most obvious difference between a close-to-S-Line sport and an actual S-Line is the door-sills should have metal S-Line embossed plates in them.... usually too expensive for people to bother retro-fitting (they're nearly 3x the cost of doing the door blades and only visible when the door is open!).

* Late model sports have the colour coded S-Line front and rear bumpers, door blades and rear boot-lip.