Wheel size choice (sorry)

jd26

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to post a typical 'will it fit' type thread!

Basically ive chosen some wheels for the s-line!

They are

19x8.5

5x100/112

and are available in offset 35 / 45

Question is which offset do i go with? Looking to get them sitting nicely preferably without spacers but id imagine i might still need them.

(Will be running 235/35/19 tyres and sitting it on coilovers shortly)

Thankkkkkssssss

Go with the ET35 for them to sit out nicely with the 235 tyre :thumbsup:...Saves you forking out for spacers!!

Thats what I was hoping! Just as long as they wont sit too wide and rub when I drop loww?

Also if they are audi/vw replicas surely that means I can use my standard nuts and lockers? :)

Yeah they'll be ok to use. I had ET35 with a 235/35 tyre and they looked perfect for me.
If you do use a spacer to push them out anymore then you'll get an issue with the rubbing under load with a 5mm spacer.
I tried a 6mm spacer on my rs6 wheels and were fine till I put 2 in the back and hit any bumps, it rubbed pretty bad. Id say ET 33 is your limit! When you drop low then depending how low, you might want to consider getting your arches rolled properly!

Ah that sounds ok. Im not too concerned as the a4 arches are huuuuuuge, Managed running et38 8j wheels on my ep3 civic and the arches on that were tiny :p

Looking to get it sitting pretty flush with the tyre on some coils, so as long as i can still take passengers thats fine!

I've just gone from ET43 to 35 and the difference in stance is night and day! The fronts are fine, spot on in fact, but the rears would benefit a 5mm spacers to bring them right out flush with the arches.

Spacer's are fine as long as they are hub centric. I use 15mm spacer's on the rear with my 19's..

IMG_2177.jpg

what about 19 x 9.5's on the back?? in et 45, did ideally want et35 but i guess i will get spacers.

would the 9.5's rub if i was to make them et 35 or is the offset ok as it is (45).

Also what tyres would i need on the 9.5's?

sorry for all the questions

Yes fitting spacer's will be fine. You should be fine with a 235x35 tyre (small amount of stretch)..should like nice.

Not necessary so, you have to make sure the Audi oem bolt sit's snug in hole's of the replica wheel.. Audi rep's are not to exact spec as OEM wheel's. The company that supply the wheel's should also supply all fitting kit's ie spigot ring'd and new bolt's..

Yeah thats usually the case ey cmd :( sadly the ones ive decided on are literally wheels and center caps only!

Audi wheel bolts are radius seats and after market are 60degree tapers
the 2 should not be mixed at all .

Audi wheel bolts are radius seats and after market are 60degree tapers
the 2 should not be mixed at all .

What he said. Did the wheel's come with spigot ring's ? Our hub's are 57.1 Some after market wheel's have larger bore's that's why they give you the spigot ring's so the wheel will mount perfect on the hub

Thatd be quite stretched dude. ill look for a pic for ya

here you go. 235/35's on a 9.5j on the rear - faiiir stretch

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1644.jpg

Last edited:
thanks alot for that mate, dont want it stretched that much, what tyre size would i need??

No worries dude. Been having a scan and this tyre wheel size combo seems to work nicely, still low profile.

3126522_15_full.jpg

thats a 275/30/19 tyre on a 9.5j rim ^^^

Alternativley this is a 255/35/19 again on a 9.5 (link as pics huuuge)

http://www.modpark.com/images-2010-images-2010-pictures/Volkswagen/2011-vw-golf-vi-gtr-REVOZPORT%27s-tuning-VW-Golf-VI-GTi-Razor-vw-golf-six-gti-revozport-desing-modpark.com/2011-vw-golf-vi-gtr-REVOZPORT%27s-tuning-VW-Golf-VI-GTi-Razor-vw-golf-six-gti-revozport-desing-modpark.com-10.JPG

Could go up to a 255/40/19 on 9.5 but think theres only a touch of stretch with those, still looks a nice snug fit - definatly not balloon tyres

24793_383398508558_587883558_374-1.jpg

Depends what your after :)

Hope that helps

Josh

245 will be fine on 9.5 rim, but 255 and 275 is a bit to wide for the B6 .

245/35 should be good? Ah i wasnt sure if they were too wide my bad

Have you pulled the triger on a wheel's yet.

Just awaiting a few callbacks and emails buddy! Shouldnt be long!

Good stuff. I hope all goes well for you

How do people find the 19's on the A4? Are they too big for them?

thanks alot for those pics mate, gonna go for 245/35 then if the others are too wide. Just gotta get the wheels now lol.

HELP ME! sorry to hijack your thread but I didn't want to start a new one, back on topic I'm looking to buy some alloys I'v found them got a good price but a bit unsure about the fitments, to start of they are MERCEDES alloys

8.5F & 9.5R
Stud Diameter: 112
Rim Diameter: 19
Number of Studs: 5
Offset: 43

I don't know much about these things but stud diameter is fine the offset seems ok, it will need spigot rings for the centre bore but the main question is WILL IT RUB, the car is a sport model so i believe 30 mill lower than stardard, anyway experts help me out will it fit fine

How do people find the 19's on the A4? Are they too big for them?

If you go with a 19" were the spoke's (5 arm 19" RS6 Rep) go to the very edge of the rim then the wheel's look's big. If you go with a multi spoke wheel with a dish (19" LM's Rep) then wheel doesn't look to big, at the moment i'm on 18's with a 2.5" dish (f) and 3" dish (r) and the wheel's look like 17's .

Picture042.jpg

HELP ME! sorry to hijack your thread but I didn't want to start a new one, back on topic I'm looking to buy some alloys I'v found them got a good price but a bit unsure about the fitments, to start of they are MERCEDES alloys

8.5F & 9.5R
Stud Diameter: 112
Rim Diameter: 19
Number of Studs: 5
Offset: 43

I don't know much about these things but stud diameter is fine the offset seems ok, it will need spigot rings for the centre bore but the main question is WILL IT RUB, the car is a sport model so i believe 30 mill lower than stardard, anyway experts help me out will it fit fine

Unless you've further lowered yours the Sports are 20mm lower.

9.5 rears are pushing it a bit, although you might be OK with an ET43 - I'm sure someone else has either done it or tried it.

i guess 20 mill lower than, seems to be ok, but has anybody done them that can help, will i need spacers or anything else

all help appreciated

Mec rim's will be fine i had 19 x 9 last year with a 43 offset fitted with a 235x35 tyre with no spacer's

IMG_2151.jpg

iv got them exact wheels on my CLK But there in a real bad state, the wheels im looking to buy are the 5 spoke amg one's (they are replicas's) usually seen on a4's , did u need anything else to make them fit, and did they sit properly, any picture's, was there no rubbing at all and how was the ride

thanks

All i had to buy was spigot ring's to go from 66.6 to Audi's 57.1. I had no problem's with rubbing, the reason i bought these wheel's was that they had enough clearance to cover the B5 S4 front caliper's and disc's. Here are some more pic's

IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg
IMG_1456-2.jpg
IMG_1457-1.jpg

Thanks, guess I will be buying them, car is in the body shop at the minute having a lip kit fitted iv got collies on order, the merc wheels should be ordered today then.

by the way how wide where your wheels, sorry should have asked earlier

Do you think 9.5 rears would be an issue

you shouldnt have a problem with 9.5's aslong as the offset is high e.g 40+

also cmd when you had the merc's on how low was your car? or how low do you reckon you could go before having scrubbing issues?