need help plz injector pump 2.5 Q/S

brownie 25

Reaction score
hi all.
i drive a 01 a4 2.5 q/s, driving home the other day the car died on the road,the bolt holding the tensioner for the injector pump belt snapped and i lost all power.so today i bought a new tensioner and fitted it back together now it wont start i read some where about the pump having to be timed is this true.i allso had to disconnect the 2 main pipes going to the pump to make room to get out the broken tensioner so i thought it could be air locked so we bled it a few times and still no joy any ideas.

Have you got vag-com because you can time the injector pump through that, i would imagine that could well be your issue. These engines are pretty precise for the pump timing even 1 tooth out on the belt and there running poorly. If you dont have the equipment pop it into an independant or your local audi dealer and get it checked/adjusted.

if the timing is out should it still start tho i locked the engine at tdc and locked the pump so it should be fairly close ime gona try a independent today.

If you put the pump and the engine at TDC then it should start but, you might have an airlock and that stops it from firing. Get a mate to tow you for a few meters, thus you'll be expelling the air from the pump. Cranking is ok but the VP44 is notoriously ***** at pulling fuel trough so to save wear and load on the starter, i suggest towing...

woo hoo its going,after towing it with no joy i took the belt back off and turned the engine one cycle by hand and fitted the belt again, first tip of the key and off shy went.another thing to note for people with problems with loss of power and engine running badly is to check the alltinator my battery light started to come on in the dash the day the tensioner went so today when i got it going it was running bad, no power all lights on the dash came on, when driving nothing else would work changed the alltinator for one i had lying around and she was back good as new again.:rock::rock: :yes::yes: