Audi A4 2005 - Multitronic Gearbox Problems.

Ash4d

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post, i am new to these forums and i have a dilemma.

I Purchased an Audi A4 (2005) in May 2009.
Three weeks after the purchase the gearlights started to flash, as i was unaware of the problem i contacted the showroom i bought it from, they asked me to bring it in and they would have a look at it. But they would arrange a date.

Another month went by no contact from them, so i chased them up again, they said they would contact me for a date to bring it in so the engineer can have a look at it.

So another month went by, and finally i took it in, they said it did not show anything on their diagnostic checks.

I argued my case, and finally in November 2009 they asked me to take it to Audi and get it checked out and they would pay for the diagnostic check.

I took it to Audi, and they provided me with a report stating that the ECU needed replacing and the multitronic switch, i was quoted £1400.

I took this back to the showroom who said they would try and speak to audi and get a goodwill gesture from them.

They have been passing me from pillar to post, and finally in July they agreed to get it repaired for me.

They said they would order the part and replace it themselves, as Audi was asking for too much money.

They asked me to bring the car back to them 4 weeks ago (14months later from the Purchase date). They said they had ordered the part. I took it in and left it with them. After chasing them last week they told me they are still waiting for the part.

So i have been with no car for the last month.
They will not give me a courtesy car.
They will not repair my car, and they say its in their storage.

I spent £7000 with them and now i have no car to drive.

Where do i stand?

Can somebody please help me?

Ash.

Apologies if i have posted in the wrong section, i believe it is a B7 Chassis as it is a 2005 model.

There a few 05 plate B6's about by generally they're B7's of that era. If you have the one piece grille then it's a B7.

I hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

There a few 05 plate B6's about by generally they're B7's of that era. If you have the one piece grille then it's a B7.

I hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:
I'm sorry i'm a total noob when it comes to cars, one piece grille?
Actaully yes i believe it is.

would it state on the log book whether it is a B6 or B7?

And thanks for the comment.

At the top of this page is a sticky with pics of lots of members cars in it, there's another one in the top of the B7 section, see which one your's most looks like! ;)

Hi, i've checked it out and it's def a b7. Thanks for the advice.