Loose Footrest

Silky

Reaction score
Morning Everyone,

Quick question, I have an 02 A4 Avant.

The footrest is a moulded piece of plastic that is held in place by a screw at the top.
Problem is mine keeps coming loose too quickly, meaning I have now taken it off as I didn't want it getting caught under one of the other pedals.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what did you do to solve it

Thanks
Michael

Morning Everyone,

Quick question, I have an 02 A4 Avant.

The footrest is a moulded piece of plastic that is held in place by a screw at the top.
Problem is mine keeps coming loose too quickly, meaning I have now taken it off as I didn't want it getting caught under one of the other pedals.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what did you do to solve it

Thanks
Michael

Nice new RS4 pedal set.

mine happened a few weeks ago. i looked and the clip that the screw goes into was missing. got one from audi, for pennies as i remember, and a new screw. solid now. worth doing with audi parts as they are so cheap.

My plastic footrest has been in my boot for weeks. I really should refit it sometime.

i think its £10 to £15 from audi for a replacement plastic foot rest.

i think its £10 to £15 from audi for a replacement plastic foot rest.

won't make any difference - it's the screw/clip that's at fault, not the footrest.

just as scott B says - just find a slightly fatter screw and it'll screw into the plastic fine.... job done...

Get some large sticky pads (for number plates etc) and screw it down with these in place somewhere. They should keep it still! It did for mine!