lights

simon.m

Reaction score
hi all so i have now got LED side lights thanks q james and some 6000k HIDs fitted all look grate just need to do some thing about my fullbeam as well they suck still that nasty yellow so my ? is what ones are you all using to get a good match in clearnes and colour match for full beam and fogs photos would be good if any has some

thanks guys

not every day but yes mate i do use them

i think you did james but iv had so much going on i probly mised it mate do you have any pics on here i can look at ?

I don't have any at the moment, but if I get a chance later I'll try and grab one. I wouldn't worry too much about them 'matching' as no one will ever really see them on together, and you'd be hard pressed to tell from the drivers seat with any of the new "xenon white" type bulbs.

PS Where did the HID fitting sticky go??

ok thanks mate i see it on mine the othere day when i put the fullbeam on i was like yuck yellow so thought id change them ;-)

i put one on the inside of the drivers wheelach when you take the head light out you can see in there where the front bumber bolts on the the wing so just bolted it there the othere one was easy to all i did with that one was put it next to the power stering top up bottle is i have that black cover that covers the hole of the right side like you fitted so it under that cant be seen

You could try some H11 leds for the fogs, i'm going to try some when i get round to it, i did have some so called " xzeon " look bulbs in my full beam but to be honest i found the normal halogen lights gave a better light output although as you say the colour match is awfull.

These are my xenon white 100w bulbs as per the link. As Matt says they're not the brightest, but the colour match is the best I've seen for Halogen bulbs - compare it the fog light which has a Nightbreaker in it and looks pretty yellow.

They're not the best pictures, but hopefully they'll give you an idea of the colour compared to the 6000k's.

Mainbeams007.jpg

Mains2.jpg

Mains1.jpg

thanks james they are close to the 6000ks ill have to get some you have the 100w ones dont you

hi all so i have now got LED side lights thanks q james and some 6000k HIDs fitted all look grate just need to do some thing about my fullbeam as well they suck still that nasty yellow so my ? is what ones are you all using to get a good match in clearnes and colour match for full beam and fogs photos would be good if any has some

thanks guys

Just out of interest, which HID kit are you using?

I fitted them on my old E30, but that didn't have CANBUS.....

the one i got is the6000k bigger ballast as for name all i can see on the box is racing type r they are good ones from what i can make out it has some thing for digital not sure what it is though lol i can say im not botherd that i dont have slim ballast as where i put them is a really good place i feel any way im told i dont have canbus on my car so its ok sorry im a bit scechy dont no alot about them

no not all mate i have sport and it dont have it

if u stick to uk sellers you shouls be ok mate

yes mate i think your right to a point if they going to be faulty dont mater where you get them from. but if you stick to the uk sellers you have a better chance of them being good and also a more easyer come back

im told i dont have canbus on my car so its ok sorry im a bit scechy dont no alot about them
You have been miss informed all B6s have can bus its the language that a lot of the cars equipment works by including small things like the stereo .

You have been miss informed all B6s have can bus its the language that a lot of the cars equipment works by including small things like the stereo .

So If I fit HID's without a CANBUS "relay" (or bypass) whatever we want to call it. Will my car throw up an error?

As I said I have fitted them before, that's not a problem. I just don't want to buy the wrong ones and end up paying twice.....

So If I fit HID's without a CANBUS "relay" (or bypass) whatever we want to call it. Will my car throw up an error?

I would play safe and get one's suitable for a Canbus set up - they don't seem to cost more, it's just they come with a resistor to fool the bulb out warnings. I didn't have them with my first ballasts and they never gave me any problems, but I think I was in the majority here.

There was a useful sticky appeared on HID's a week or so ago but it's disappeared now bizarrely!

how would i no if the HIDs i have just fiited are suitable for canbus all though i dont have full dis so dont get a lights out any way so dose that mean i dont need them with canbus

Last edited: