Rear Passengers Electric Windows Issue

Gibonz

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Guys,

For some strange reason when passengers are sitting in the back the windows wont go down/up when they hit the switch. But they go down/up when i control them from the front drivers door switch.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Many Thanks

Gib

:rock:

I agree with a4 above. On the drivers switch panel there is a big switch behind the window switches, this isolates the rear window switches in the back doors to stop the kids opening the windows.

Yeh that was the first thing i checked guys lol

It could be that the child lock switch might be faulty and failed when it was in the locked position so the windows will be permanently locked now...

Ill give the local breakers yard a shout...

Cheers!

My rear windows stopped working because the 'safety switch' had snapped and would not click on / off anymore. I went to Audi and bought a replacement switch panel (the safety switch and all 4 windows switches). It cost around £30 for the part and was a easy afternoon job. Just take it nice and slow with a careful hand. The following link will show you how to get the door card off and make sure you get some spare door card pop fasteners from Audi.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=53804&highlight=door

When you take off the door card unclip the cable from the door handle (white cable in the 2nd pic). To take off the window contols unplug the cables and pop the controls unit out. Im pretty sure the rest will be easy.:salute: :kissmyrings:

My rear windows stopped working because the 'safety switch' had snapped and would not click on / off anymore. I went to Audi and bought a replacement switch panel (the safety switch and all 4 windows switches). It cost around £30 for the part and was a easy afternoon job. Just take it nice and slow with a careful hand. The following link will show you how to get the door card off and make sure you get some spare door card pop fasteners from Audi.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=53804&highlight=door

When you take off the door card unclip the cable from the door handle (white cable in the 2nd pic). To take off the window contols unplug the cables and pop the controls unit out. Im pretty sure the rest will be easy.:salute: :kissmyrings:

Awesome bro, thanks for that!

:D

No problem mate.

If I remember ill have a look-see when I get home as I probably have the part number.

The rear window locking button should stay down when depressed, if it pops back up to where it started its ****** and you need the following.

Drivers door window switch 8Z0959851F5PR (This cost me £26.64 + vat in 2008)

Pop Fixings 8E0868243 (Buy a few they are very cheap)

Hope this helps. Im off to the Pub:beerchug:

Last edited: